Want more garage space? Here is the solution!

As you may know, Saints Row: The Third, like all other saints rows, has a garage limit. Now, if you're like me and you try to store every vehicle that passes by because you want a nice collection, you're probably aware of the disappointment when you get to your garage and see 'YOUR GARAGE IS FULL'.

Rest assured, there is actually a workaround which means you can get yourself almost triple the usual garage space, because you can fill it up with cars that don't use any space at all!

First things first, you'll need to have Corrodias' save editor, and the unlockables.xtbl file. You should also have a save which has ALL unlocks and upgrades, as well as a full garage, so you can really see the effect of this and how it works.

To begin with, open up your unlockables.xtbl in notepad or whatever else you edit these files with. Then, navigate to an unlockable vehicle. As an example, I will use the Mars Rover reward vehicle.

So to find the mars rover in the .xtbl, do: CTRL + F and type 'mars'. You should be brought to this line: <Name>M24_Vehicle_Mars_Rover</Name>

If you're not, keep looking by pressing next.

Once you're here, you should see something like this underneath it:

<Vehicle>
<Vehicles>
<Vehicle>
<Type>SP_Rover_01</Type>
<Variant>average</Variant>
</Vehicle>

Now, This is where the editing takes place. In between the '<Type>' tags, insert the name of the car you want to add to your garage. They must be the internal names, and NOT the display name, for example 'Sovereign' will need to be typed as car_2dr_luxury05.

Here is my example of adding the sovereign over the mars rover:

<Vehicle>
<Vehicles>
<Vehicle>
<Type>car_2dr_luxury05</Type>
</Vehicle>

You can also edit which variant of the car you would like to add, such as ultimate, average, saints etc. Just type in the variant name in between the '<variant>' tags.

Here is my example of changing the sovereign I just added to the saints vaiant:

<Vehicle>
<Vehicles>
<Vehicle>
<Variant>saints</Variant>
</Vehicle>

Internal names and variants can be found here: https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/srtt-vehicle-and-variant-lookup.1565/

OK, so now you know how to choose what car you get, you're probably wondering what I mean by 'triple garage space'. Well, on each unlockable, you're allowed to add up to 5 vehicles. So, all you need to do here, is copy everything between the tags '<Vehicle>' and </Vehicle>', like so:

COPY THIS>

<Vehicle>
</Vehicle>

Then you can paste another four underneath, Now your Mars Rover reward should look like this in the .xtbl file:

<Name>M24_Vehicle_Mars_Rover</Name>
<Type>
<Vehicle>
<Vehicles>
<Vehicle>
</Vehicle>
<Vehicle>
</Vehicle>
<Vehicle>
</Vehicle>
<Vehicle>
</Vehicle>
<Vehicle>
</Vehicle>
</Vehicles>
</Vehicle>
</Type>

Now that you have 5 cars tied to the mars rover reward instead of one, you probably won't want 5 saints sovereigns. Do the same thing as you did to the mars rover earlier to change the other four cars that you copied into something else.

In this example, I have changed the other four sovereigns into a peacemaker, zimos, infuego and taxi:

<Name>M24_Vehicle_Mars_Rover</Name>
<Type>
<Vehicle>
<Vehicles>
<Vehicle>
</Vehicle>
<Vehicle>
<Type>car_4dr_police02</Type>
</Vehicle>
<Vehicle>
<Type>car_4dr_standard03</Type>
</Vehicle>
<Vehicle>
<Type>car_4dr_luxury06</Type>
<Variant>luchadore</Variant>
</Vehicle>
<Vehicle>
<Type>car_4dr_taxi01</Type>
<Variant>ultimate</Variant>
</Vehicle>
</Vehicles>
</Vehicle>
</Type>

That is the end of how to add cars into a reward/unlockable. Once you're happy with the vehicle unlockables you have edited, save and close the file.

PLEASE NOTE: This works with ALL VEHICLE rewards, which means that you can also edit things like the set of planes you get for your hangar, OR the gunship unlocked after the 'Trojan Whores' mission.

ALSO DO NOT attempt to add boats to a 'car' unlockable, or any other kind of different category vehicle. This hasn't been tested and therefore I do not know if it works. Therefore if you edit the gunship reward, only add up to 5 HELICOPTERS, not boats or cars, as the 'gunship' is a helicopter unlock.

OK, so now part 2 of the tutorial. Providing that you have downloaded the save editor, and you have a gamesave with ALL unlocks (such as the mars rover used in this example), you are ready to finish off.

Open your save in the editor (backup first!), and navigate to the 'Upgrades' tab. Here you will need to scroll to the bottom to find the 'Vehicles' section of the upgrades, where things like the mars rover and watercraft will be listed.

Uncheck the 'Unlocked' box of ALL of the reward vehicles you have edited in the .xtbl file. Then save the file.

OK, so now you can load your game (Keep in mind that for this tutorial I'm still talking about the mars rover as that's what I used to demonstrate this).

Assuming that you have a save with a full garage (You should otherwise IDK why you'd need more space haha), you should still notice that any attempt to store an extra vehicle gives you the 'YOUR GARAGE IS FULL' notification.

However, if you then bring up your in game phone and navigate to the 'Upgrades' menu, then 'Vehicles', you'll notice that the Mars Rover isn't unlocked, as you had locked it again using the save editor earlier.

Now, the Mars Rover reward should be available to purchase for a small amount of cash, and when bought, it will add in the 5 cars to your garage that you specified earlier instead of the rover.

You should also notice that you get to keep the Mars Rover, even though you got rid of the unlock! :)

And there you go! You now have another 5 cars on top of your already 'Full' garage, without having to move or delete any!

IMPORTANT: Due to the save editor only registering 99 cars, you can only really do this method ONCE per save, as if you want to add more later, the save editor will delete any cars past the total of 99.

Going past the total of 99 is fine the first time you do this trick! In fact, you could go up to about 50 vehicles over.

Example: If you have 99 cars, and use this method to add another 3, you cannot then add more later, as the save editor will delete the extra three upon loading the save in the editor, pretty much making it pointless and sending things into a viscous cycle.

The good news is that you can edit EVERY vehicle unlock, to give you 5 more each one! As an example, this means that if you own the STAG tank, gunship and boats from the dock and you edit these, you can get up to another 15 vehicles stored in your garage whilst keeping the original reward ones.

Also, because the game sees these as reward vehicles, they will NOT COUNT towards your total and fill up your garage. However, they will NOT be customizable. You can do the customize any vehicle glitch or use this mod to get around that: https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum...-vehicles-plus-customize-all-vehicles-v3.132/

That's all, enjoy giving yourself some more vehicles! :)

Last edited:
Back