Vtol and Specter Speed Mod For Advanced Flight Mode Users

I absolutely hate normal flying mode; you have no orbital camera, the vtol automatically centers itself (which makes it impossable to fly), you can't barnstorm as easily, you can't do front or back flips, etc. All of the vtol speed mods out there do crazy things to advanced flight mode, so i thought I'd make this little mod for the fans of advanced flight mode. I got the vtol laser-point straight, but I'm still working on the Specter. So have fun with your fast and stable vtol! Check back often for updates which will include the Specter. Once I do get the Specter going, I will release this as v0.1

PS I couldn't get anyone to test this, so give feedback on how it is and if there's any problems.

INSTALLATION:
Put the file in your SR:TT main root folder.

Attachments

• Speedy_Vtol_for_avanced_mode.rar
    3.2 KB · Views: 1,243
A rar file that doesn't include a readme. Please reread the rules that Minimaul so graciously linked for your convenience.

Flight tested Saints purple vtol and ultor interceptor.
Definitely more fun to fly and responds well (barrel rolls are fun:) and barnstorming is a walk in he park. Flew the vtol into the Thermopylae landing bay and straight out the middle doing a roll on exit. Took the Ultor down to street level zooming in out of alley ways and laying down carnage with chain gun. Also seem to affect helicopter as the thompson can be flown at street level under bridges and between tight gaps. The Tornado is also way more responsive allowing evading targets to remain in its sights.

The only bug I came across is when flying the ultor intercpter (and most likely other spector's) is that the Press Y to place vehicle in garage message comes on and remains on. I pressed Y during flight (a fair distance from any crib) and the ultor was garaged leaving me to skydive :)

The only bug I came across is when flying the ultor intercpter (and most likely other spector's) is that the Press Y to place vehicle in garage message comes on and remains on. I pressed Y during flight (a fair distance from any crib) and the ultor was garaged leaving me to skydive :)
I don't think it would be a bug from this mod as all it does is change the handling. Maybe it's conflicting a bit with something else. As for the other stuff, I have no idea at all how just editing the VTOL handling would effect any other vehicle. They all have their own file. Hmm....

Only other mods I have loaded are SB+ FPS camera and NPC behavior. I'll do another test a bit later with only your mod.

Back