Volition alpha tools

[V] IdolNinja

Volition Staff
Volition has been working with the community to develop a full modding SDK for SRIV, SRTT, and SR2. This is an ongoing and lengthy process, so we have decided to make our work in progress alpha tools publicly available for the community to play with:
https://github.com/volition-inc/

Saints Row IV alpha tools: Zinyak's Cache of Wonders
Saints Row: The Third alpha tools: Kinzie's Toy Box
Saints Row 2 alpha tools: Shaundi's Secret Stash

You can either drill down via the web and download individual tools/docs, or simply download the Github client which can easily sync all the repositories for you (download and update any new/changed files with the click of a button.)

Feel free to play with any of the tools and ask questions on the forum, but please keep in mind that everything is in an alpha state and may be missing documentation or possibly not even work correctly.

Progress and status updates for the SDK can always be found in the existing announce sticky:
http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/volition-update-to-srtt-modding-sdk.2830/

Finally,now let's get cracking !

No "finally" about it. This has been around for months. It's just that people were confused how to even find them and I figured it deserved its own thread. :)

Yeah,I just realized that those have been out for months.Looking forward to a tool which lets us add entities to the world.You have no idea what am I gonna do with them.It will be like my Random Encounters Mod but 100x times better.

Been using these tools for a while now my fav things on gift hub is prob the documentation for the diffrent formats :D, im hoping that Mike is online soon to help with some ishues im having with the Volition packfile tool

Hopfully now that more people know about the alpha tools we might get some more new mods as this forum has been quiet latley in terms of new mods

Also hope you enjoyed your epic trip Idol and welcome back to the chaos that is Saints Row Mods ;)

This isn't the Release A that was mentioned in the previous thread, right? Just something to tide everyone over? I know its been out for several months but I'm a tad confused as to what exactly I'm waiting for.

Hey ive only just started with all the modding stuff, so im new at all this but how do i get them to work? I'm going off topic here but i saw there is a dubstep expansion pack, I just wondered as i make dubstep myself, if you could add some of my tracks in to it?

Last edited:
To IdolNinja I was wondering since you said that the developers of the mod tools are too busy to make SDK for vehicles would it be possible for us fans to make our so that scratch made vehicles can replace the existing ones in the game like for example the Five-O from Saints Row 2 I would love to get a real Ford Crown Victoria to replace that & the Taxi Cab, as for the Peacemaker/Pacemaker a real Dodge Charger police car, & even for the Tornado a real AH-1W Super Cobra or a real AH-1Z Viper?

Back