Using ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.CustomizationItemClone

M

Minimaul

Want to alter Saints Row IV hair or clothing, but don't want to replace the original?

ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.CustomizationItemClone will clone a customization item, allowing you to edit just that item. It requires the modding patch to use the new items, and it will do all the work needed to make a working mod for you!

All you need to do is take the files it produces and make your own changes.

1. Download and extract the latest version of my mod tools: https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum...saints-row-iv-and-gat-out-of-hell-tools.3188/
    You need at least Revision 110.

2. Open a command prompt, and browse to the folder containing the extracted tools.

3. Run:
    Code:
    ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.CustomizationItemClone "item to clone" "new name to give it"

The "item to clone" is a name of a customization item. You can find these in customization_items.xtbl - for example, "kitty pack" for the Anime Backpack, or "cm_suit_jumpsuit01" for the Spaceship Jumpsuit.

For example:
    Code:
    ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.CustomizationItemClone "kitty pack" "klonedkitty"
    upload_2016-5-12_20-14-48.png

4. This will produce a new folder in the same directory as ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.CustomizationItemClone.exe containing your new files:
    upload_2016-5-12_20-14-42.png

The stringxml folder contains XML files you can edit and use with ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.BuildStrings.exe to create customised language strings for your new item.

The supplied customize_item.asm_pc and customization_items.xtbl are ready for use with the modding patch.

Simply edit your new str2_pc files as normal (remembering to update the customize_item.asm_pc) to make your changes!

Does this only work with the modding patch in general? I know you mentioned "new items" and but it had catastrophic effects when I cloned the old steel tee.

For anyone wondering how to do Step 2
1. Open Start Menu (Windows 7)
2. Type in "cmd" into Searchbar
3. Type CD
4. Type a Space
5. Then Copy the Folder Path C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\SR4\ThomasJepp.SaintsRow-rev121
6. Right-Click on CMD typing area and Click Paste
7. Tap Enter
55aba76f0a.png

I made a .BAT File for anyone who see this Click the Link Below about Tools, Mods & Concepts > Information > Tools, Tutorials & Mods> Clone Clothing & Weapon Help

Last edited:
Back