Unskippable intros

Yeah, this may sound like the stupidest mod request ever in history of modding, but after reading this: http://idolninja.com/blog/?p=2084 it not as stupid as it sounds.

I always forget and I skip the intros anyway, only to find the sound bugs again, forcing me to close the game and open it again without skipping the intros, losing a lot more of time than just outright watching the intros from the beginning.

So, I'm simply asking for a way to force me to watch the intros so I can get my sound right.

(Bonus points if you bring a SR:TT version as well)

EDIT: To clarify: I DON'T WANT TO AUTO-SKIP THE VIDEOS. I need to watch them entirely to prevent having a sound bug. Auto-skipping or preventing them from playing at all will only aggravate the problem.

Last edited:
In the game's installation folder is a "videos" folder. Inside that are all the videos for the game. The ones that start with "logo" are the ones that you want to skip, i assume. Does it work if you just delete those 3 files?

Otherwise, i think there are "empty" bnk files floating around here somewhere...

Here, i've attached a few from other games. You may find success in replacing those 3 with one of these files. 3 times, one for each file, using that filename. You know what i mean.

Attachments

• Empty_Bik_Movies.7z
    848 bytes · Views: 582
Last edited:
No, I don't want to skip the videos, I want the opposite actually. I need something that forces me to watch the videos on their entirety.

There's a sound bug that gets fixed if you watch the intro videos. If you skip them, you get the bug. (Read IdolNinja's blog post) I always forget and skip anyway, causing trouble later on.

Maybe something to unbind the skipping action from keys or a tag that makes videos unskippable (not a programming pro here, not sure how it works)

But thanks for the help anyways.

Try this:
Back up the logo videos.
Download the Rad Game tools. http://www.radgametools.com/bnkmain.htm
RE-bink the logo videos and there should be an option when you do that prevents you from skipping them. (I believe it's a check-box)

I know this skips the intro videos but it may work.

Try adding the line:

SkipIntroVideo = true

to your display.ini file in the main directory. This will stop the intro videos from loading at all. (Although in SRTT it didn't do anything in the DX9 version).

I think people get it (you want to force the videos to play so the audio bug doesn't occur), but they are instead trying to solve the resulting bug in another way.

Which is what I'm curious about as well. If the logo video binks are replaced with blank binks like Corrodias said, will the volume bug occur?

According to what I've heard, the audio bugs are not due to the movies being skipped so much as they are due to skipping the movies doesn't give the audio engine enough time to initialize properly.
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, I'm sure.

According to what I've heard, the audio bugs are not due to the movies being skipped so much as they are due to skipping the movies doesn't give the audio engine enough time to initialize properly.
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, I'm sure.
Yeah, that's what I understood too. That's why I don't want to skip the videos entirely.

Back