Tutorial request, not mod request as such.

Didn't exactly know where to post this but, could someone make a sound modification tutorial that's a bit more clear? I've attempted to follow the tutorial N69 wrote and I did it down to a T (As far as I'm concerned, however I used audacity instead to edit my files, it being a editor I'm more comfortable with) and alas, I edited my weapon sounds, used the towav.exe extractor in the tutorial, built a soundbank using XACT3.exe like it claims I should yet when I use GOTR to put the Weapons.XWB into the patch file, Saints row 2 just ain't havin it... All gun sounds become dead silent. Used someone elses sound mod called gun overhaul, that one worked fine.

To attempt to find out what I was doing wrong I even unpacked his sound mod and repacked it using XACT3 and tried putting it into saints row yet strangely enough (I altered nothing). Mute. Yet again.
Could someone make a "for dummies" guide on sound replacing? I got no clue what I'm doing wrong... Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this.

Back