1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial request, not mod request as such.

Discussion in 'Mod Requests' started by Pile_up, Dec 5, 2018 at 5:40 PM.

1. Didn't exactly know where to post this but, could someone make a sound modification tutorial that's a bit more clear? I've attempted to follow the tutorial N69 wrote and I did it down to a T (As far as I'm concerned, however I used audacity instead to edit my files, it being a editor I'm more comfortable with) and alas, I edited my weapon sounds, used the towav.exe extractor in the tutorial, built a soundbank using XACT3.exe like it claims I should yet when I use GOTR to put the Weapons.XWB into the patch file, Saints row 2 just ain't havin it... All gun sounds become dead silent. Used someone elses sound mod called gun overhaul, that one worked fine.

To attempt to find out what I was doing wrong I even unpacked his sound mod and repacked it using XACT3 and tried putting it into saints row yet strangely enough (I altered nothing). Mute. Yet again.
    Could someone make a "for dummies" guide on sound replacing? I got no clue what I'm doing wrong... Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this.