Trying to get an older mod functional

So its been... a long time since I bothered getting much running on here and only recently got around to poking around again recently. I wanted to see about installing one of the clothing fix mods for SR4, specifically the little compilation ones that IdolNinja put together.

https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum...aturing-the-latest-customization_items.13825/

I assumed at minimum I'd need to make a more up to date "customization_items.asm_pc", so I got the newest version of the SRIV tools and tried doing that, but if I try to access any of said clothing I just get an immediate crash. Has the architecture changed enough that loose file mods are basically no longer functional?

Nope, just trying to get this clothes fixes work. I have a few workshop things downloaded, do I need to merge those somehow?

Usually workshop mods shouldn't be the culprit since they are stored somewhere else. Since this is your only non workshop mod, did you try to not merge it?

Yeah, I've tried just installing as is, but if I select any of the clothing items in question, I get a hard crash as soon as I mouse over them.

that's really strange, I would try to unsub to all your workshop mods and try again and if that doesn't work either try to delete the files you installed with this mod, verify the cache on steam and retry again installing it.

Well I unsubscribed from all of my workshop mods, verified, and now it works. So oh boy, now to resubscribe one at a time and figure out where it will crash.

EDIT: So it seems one of the workshop mods I was using was interfering with the mod that does all the clothing fixes. I was a bit baffled to learn that could happen since I hadn't ran into it in the past. I went through and got the mod working with nothing installed. Then I went in small batches testing workshop mods.

The good news is its just a t-shirt mod, so I lose one t-shirt, but I gain a whole bunch of nice fixes.

Last edited:
Back