Toggle dual-wielding

This mod makes separate versions of dual-wieldable weapons available for purchase in Friendly Fire. These new versions are not dual-wieldable, so switching between single and dual guns (after buying the correct dual-wield upgrade) is as easy as it was in Saints Row 2. This is very much a work-in-progress build, so use it at your own risk.

Installation: copy all xtbl files from this archive into your Saints Row IV directory (by default, "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Saints Row IV")

Known issues
*No support for alien weapons yet
*single-wield weapons have to be upgraded separately
*single-wield weapons can only use the default weapon costume, but they can switch skins (for instance, you can use the polka-dot MP5, but not the tommygun).

Attachments

• dual toggle 0.5.7z
    74 KB · Views: 1,165
Wow, smart idea, kind of disheartened the solution could be so simple. Always tried to hit this from a more complicated angle that never panned out.

Wow, excellent timing. It just occurred to me today that I wanna use the Hillbilly SMG as a single gun, and it just so happens that you release this mod today..

Edit: Awww... I just read the ReadMe.. Apparently I can't use the Hillbilly SMG after all...

Edit 2: It seems single SMG is bugged. I bought the single SMG but it still turns into a dual SMG. I thought it might be because I upgraded it... but I upgraded the single pistol too and it's still a single pistol.

Last edited:
Edit 2: It seems single SMG is bugged. I bought the single SMG but it still turns into a dual SMG. I thought it might be because I upgraded it... but I upgraded the single pistol too and it's still a single pistol.
Which SMG? And does it keep happening if you switch between the single and dual versions?

Which SMG? And does it keep happening if you switch between the single and dual versions?

Under the Gang/Heavy SMG I found a dual weldable flag under its acid rounds upgrade. While it did say <ignore>ignored</ignore> right above it, that ignore flag may have no effect as far as I know and the dual wieldability may still be going through.

The heavy SMG. Like I said, the mod is bugged for me, there is no single SMG. I have 2 double SMGs in my weapons cache right now, the normal one with my Hillbilly skin and then the dual heavy SMG that your mod added that you can't change skins for,

Back