THQ Nordic acquires Koch Media

Give me:
Remake of Saints Row 1 for PC, XBO and PS4 or a new Saints Row game.
New Red Faction with destructible environment.
Well, some progress has been made since you posted this (as you brought to our attention already):
  1. Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered edition is coming to PC and consoles
  2. Saints Row and Gat Out of Hell are being made Xbox One backward compatible
While they aren't new games, I'm kind of excited to see the remastered Red Faction Guerrilla.
If they can remaster that, maybe there's hope they can remaster Saints Row 1 or 2.

I just hope the remastered version of Red Faction doesn't remove any features, such as offline LAN play (my primary way of playing it). If they remove that, it would be a deal breaker for me.

I got my fingers & toes crossed!

Unfortunately SR1 and 2 remasters likely won't happen because, from IdolNinja himself, it would require them to rebuild the engine from the ground up, which isn't economically viable. Flippy sums it up in this video.

We're best off hoping that SR5 looks more to SR1 and 2 for inspiration than 3 and 4

Unfortunately SR1 and 2 remasters likely won't happen ...
We're best off hoping that SR5 looks more to SR1 and 2 for inspiration than 3 and 4
True. I don't think it's likely they would remaster SR1 and 2 either, but I can always hope, can't I? I really agree with Flippy here -- Saints Row 1 was an AWESOME game, and it's a shame that many have not played it just because it's an Xbox 360 exclusive. If you haven't played it, buy a used Xbox 360 (or Xbox One now) and a used Saints Row 1 game on eBay! It's well worth it just to play Saints Row 1!!!

But if they could make a SR5 with inspiration from SR1 and 2, I agree they should concentrate their efforts on that now. Just don't make it an online-only multiplayer game. There are FAR too many of those now, and I personally hate those!

Back