Thank You Pack Apocalyptic Goggles fix

Hey, so after downloading the free thank you pack, I was exited to see apocalyptic goggles but was disappointed when they only worked with a few hairstyles and covered up the rest, so i extracted the dlc5_customization_items.xtbl and got rid of the line that made the goggles active as a hat so now you can wear the goggles with any hair style. Now because the goggles are pretty flat there are going to be some clipping issues with most of the hairstyles, but experiment around and you get some pretty cool results.
P.S. I owe Paper Bear a shout out for the Opaque Eyes used in the screenshots below, give them a try, http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/opaque-eyes.4709/
b0hfc3P.jpg
RR2EPNv.jpg
tnHEQm0.jpg
oVSgtBa.jpg
BRn1a0t.jpg
a2iGb3I.jpg
11H0fop.jpg
PMSf2qR.jpg

Attachments

• SR4_DLC_APOC_GOGGLES_FIX_V1.zip
    6.1 KB · Views: 1,976
Last edited:
So, what you did with these is great! But can it be done for all hats? DLC and base game?
That would be great. One of my characters has the perfect hairstyle but the Pop Star hat ruins it

Yes, and its pretty easy too, you gotta find the item in the customization_items.xtbl and change some stuff around, I cant say exactly what you should change, because it sometimes you just need to delete the obscured_VIDS attached to the item, sometimes you have to delete the use hat hair flag, it varies, play around with them and see what you can come up with. DISCLAIMER: some changes to the customization_items.xtbl can cause an infinite loading screen when loading your save file, dont worry the game didnt break, you just need to undo the change to the file, I recommend saving after you make a change then keeping the file open when doing a test, if something goes wrong, customization_items.xtbl is already open, you just have to hit undo to revert any changes. I forgot to mention, you can edit dlc items too, they just have their own dlc specific customization_items.xtbl file usually named dlc2_customization_items.xtbl or some other number depending on what dlc item your trying to edit

Well, alright! Thank you for the detailed and helpful response! But, to get into customization_items.xtbl, would I need to unpack it with a minumaul tool, or?

Minumauls tools will do just fine, I used ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.ExtractPackfileGUI to extract the customize_player.vpp_pc file, of course if you want to edit dlc clothing, then youll need to extract the dlc.vpp_pc files instead.

So, I can't seem to open customization_items.xbtl with the tools, I know it's user error, i just don't know what it is I'm doing wrong.

Back