Texture problems

I'm having a problem extracting the textures with the Peg Tool. From the information I have so far it's a simple drag and drop process using the peg_pc and g_peg_pc files. My problem is I've used the Extract Package tool to extract the textures and I've ended up with thousands of g_peg_pc files but no peg_pc files. Have I extracted the wrong package or am I missing a step somewhere?

Some of the corresponding g_peg_pc files are located in chunks4.vpp_pc.

I'm definitely doing something wrong. I've just been through all of the chunks starting with 4 and I've still only got g_peg_pc files and no peg_pc files.

Did you extract both textures.vpp_pc and pegs.vpp_pc?

Thanks for that. This is all new to me, it's like starting all over again.
Once I've edited the file what's the process for repacking the texture. Also once I've made the new texture can I use GOTR to put it in the game or do I have to repack the entire thing?

Give this a read on how repacking logos works:
http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/index.php?threads/three-questions.1940/

The GotR archive has a subfolder where you can put your personal mods and they will bake right in to the compiled patch.vpp_pc. Anything in this folder will take precedence and overwrite any vanilla or GotR files:
..\optional_mod_stuff\1-MODDERS_-_PUT_YOUR_OWN_PERSONAL_MODS_HERE\

Nice one. Thank you again.

As a head's up, the ..\modified\ folder contains all the mods that get built in during the process on top of the vanilla patch. So, if you want to only test your own personal mods without any of the baggage of GotR, you can delete everything in the ..\modified\ folder and put your personal mods in the folder I mentioned above (or in ..\modified\ as the only ones after deleting everything.) This will build the patch with all vanilla files (except yours.) Just make sure to use the vanilla preload.tbl and preload_anim.tbl files if you do that and not the GotR ones.

Back