Taxi Mod (nee help)

I was just messing around with the homies file and found the taxi Flag.

I put that on Perice and it sorta works.

A flashing blue dot appears on the mini-map.

As you all know that the taxi is not avalible in the game.

So the only problem is when i enter the car, it brings up the cell phone.
When i select the map and pick ANY location, for example; Planet Saints, it says i can not purchase to go there.

It's not of a matter of money as i have 2 million dollers.

So i'm a little confused.

Just discovered this now, so could any other modders shed some light.

:)

Wow, that is really cool. In sr2 it would give that error if the location wasn't discovered yet (like a ? icon,) or if there was no route for a driver to get there; like to the prison island or nuke plant.

It looks like the key to this will be in the pause_map.lua script located in interface.vpp_pc. I'm looking through it now and it has all the taxi related functions.

I think this might work:

pause_menu.lua changes:
Code:
    -- Hintbar
    local hint_data
    taxi_available = true
    if taxi_available then
        hint_data = {
            {CTRL_MENU_BUTTON_A, "MENU_GPS"},
            {CTRL_BUTTON_X, "CELL_TAXI_CAB"}
        }
    else
        if game_get_platform() == "PC" then 
            hint_data = {
                {HINT_BUTTON_RMB_OVERRIDE, "MENU_GPS"}
            }
        else
            hint_data = {
                {CTRL_MENU_BUTTON_A, "MENU_GPS"}
            }
        end
  end

As you can see above I simply added this line of code before the if then block:
taxi_available = true

This basically will always cause the expression to evaluate true and (in theory) allow you travel to the location. I would try to select actual landmarks though instead of just the middle of a street since that's how sr2 worked.

EDIT:
Derp. It just enables the icon, so totally useless.

Can this same method be used for the Weapon and Emergency Homie?

Also do these new enabled Homies appear in the phone menu as their own selection or does one have to be replaced?

Taxi and Emergency/Ambulance phone entries can be enabled through save editing. Weapon delivery cannot be coerced into showing up on the phone, even if you add it to the actual table in homies.xtbl.

Ambulance guy shows up and you can "use" him to request healing. I have no idea whether it actually heals you, considering i regenerate so quickly. Then he switches to normal NPC AI and walks away. You can keep his ambulance.

Taxi guy shows up in his taxi, just like Pierce does if given the "taxi" flag, and waits for you to get in... but, unlike Pierce, he exits the car when you get in, so he doesn't actually work as a taxi. That's even if you remove the "turn to ped after driveup" flag. Weird. Why doesn't this guy work when Pierce does?

Unfortunately, the code that is called when you click a waypoint, either to set GPS or taxi destination, calls pause_map_set_gps()... and that's an internal function, so we can't mess with it. I have no idea how we'd enable destinations for taxi travel, or if it isn't even hardcoded on the C side not to allow taxi travel at all.

FYI - The earlier code I posted will not work they way I was hoping it would. It is simply for displaying prompts on the map rather than enabling it. Thanks for letting me know on that one, Corrodias.

Also when experimenting with the FLAGS he somtimes just drives randomly.

Can a new Flag be made to tell the homie/actor to drive to the MC's waypoint?

Plus what tools do i need to mod? I use the ones on the SaintsRowNexus site.

I can't find anything to edit missions.

@IdolNinja Do you think with a bit of time on your hands you can experiment with the taxi flag and make somthing to alllow us to purchase a ride some were?

(P.S Still learning to mod the game) lolz

Speaking from a sr2 modding perspective, there was absolutely no way to make new flags at all for any table.

The main tool creators for saints row who make all the modding possible are a core part of this forum; gibbed and Minimaul. In fact, Minimaul is the administrator of this forum and set everything up. I do notice that there are no threads yet with download links for the tools though. I'll speak to them about it, but for now you can grab the latest binaries here:
http://svn.gib.me/builds/volition/

im not real good at this, but couldnt you open a sr2 pack file look at the codes used for the taxies and put it into srtt? i dont know if thats even possible but i got thinking after reading this and wondered if this could work. i know im not real good at this and am kinda stupid but please let me know if i helped at all, thaught i'd give it a shot

im not real good at this, but couldnt you open a sr2 pack file look at the codes used for the taxies and put it into srtt? i dont know if thats even possible but i got thinking after reading this and wondered if this could work. i know im not real good at this and am kinda stupid but please let me know if i helped at all, thaught i'd give it a shot

Not even close. Sorry.

Back