SOLVED Tanktop invisible after modding it

I want to make a hooters tank top for SRTT but keep running into the issue stated in title. It goes invisible then when i go to my clothes and try to select it there it just goes with the previously previewed clothing and wears it instead.

I tried a texturing guide i saw here using gibbed tools and asm updater and Flippy's guide for IV (i tried this first got this result and assumed it was just because the tool had no SRTT option)

i ain't sure what i did wrong if anyone is a expert in this help would be appreciated i can send my textures over so someone can check them and see if i did something wrong there. I didn't make a green defuse texture i just made a normal texture

I am running Steam SRTT Full Package edition

Make sure your edited texture has the same file size as non-modded version. It can be a bit smaller or a bit bigger but not like 2x bigger. Also make sure your edited texture end with .tga.DDS

file size and all is close since i kept diffuse 512x512 and main image 1024x1024x but for some reason game just spits it out it's odd i have never had a game do something like this before. This is my first attempt at modding a SR game i have made content for alot of games in the past.

Woulda saving as tga first then dds help? Since saving as .tga.dds seems to not be working with paint.net.

Would gimp do better for SR3?

Last edited:
You can save it as tga.dds in paint.net. Just select the file you want to overwrite while saving

which do i do for sr3 TGA.dds? i saw flippy say dxt5 (given the tutorial was for SR4) and someone else said dxt1 both resulted in invisible texture with bugged shirt

1643554921806.png

DXT1, 3 or 5
Check one that matches the original file size View attachment 30544
1643557065084.png
all these all supposed to be cf? i heard flippy say cm is for male chars but i always thought that particular cm meant cutmesh and the f meant female that could be why it ain't showing if its the wrong one.

I think its something to do with my batch script i followed everything exact but for some reason it updates asm but doesn't create a corresponding stream cutmesh file. Unless stream file and customize items asm are supposed to be in same folder

Update thank you so much my script was the issue i got it in the game even though logo is on back not front (just gives me something to work on) thank you so much!

Back