Switching to the modding patch test

M

Minimaul

THE BETA IS OVER - the modding patch is now live on Windows.

We've decided to do a semi-private beta for the first tests. Users who want access to the test must PM me (Minimaul).

Your PM must contain the following exact text. Read it and understand it before you send it to me. Once your PM has been sent and I have read it, you will be sent the code to access the beta in a PM.

To send a PM, click on my name or avatar to the left of this post, then click on "Start a conversation".

I have read and understood the following:
  • I understand that the modding patch uses different save games to the original game.
  • I will take a backup copy of my original saves (stored in "Steam\userdata\<your steam ID>\206420\remote") before I use the modding patch as once they have been upgraded they will not work on the original game.
  • I understand that the upgraded saves are not currently compatible with Saints Row: Gat out of Hell.
  • I understand that the modding patch beta will have bugs and known issues.
  • When reporting a bug, I will follow the instructions in the modding beta forum and provide as much information as possible.
  • I will not share the modding patch code with anyone who is not a modding patch tester.
To switch to the modding patch test, you'll need to do the following:
  1. Open Steam.

2. Right click on Saints Row IV in your list of games and click Properties.

3. Click on the "Betas" tab.

4. Enter the beta access code you've been given in the box, then click "Check code".

5. You should get a message telling you that "mod_beta_branch" has been unlocked. Select it using the drop down box and click the "Close" button.
You're done!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back