Swap Pistols (Moved)

This mod changes the model of the gun to the one that you choose
As in all cutscenes, so in the game
Basically in few cutscenes the boss (and other characters like Pierce and Shaundi mostly) uses the "p_beretta.smesh" model of the pistol in the vanilla version. In GOTR it uses the same model as the cutscene for make it playable.. with this mod, you can use the glock to kill Dane Vogel for example

Last edited:
Not too big but still a nice change

Nice mod; got it tested and working on this cutscene --
SR2_SWDE_NonGotR_01.jpg

Anyway, as mentioned that it only ...appear in few... -- is this one that exception?
SR2_SWDE_NonGotR_02.jpg

What makes it not working with all and on that scene in particular? Is it because I install it on top of non-GotR build?

I did make [what I believe is] the necessary adjustments for the mod to fit my end, as w/o it the game crashes upon the initial loading screen. Granted, it appear to be working so far with one and looking to see more with others to be fair.

Much thanks for considering this, cheers.

Nice mod; got it tested and working on this cutscene --

Anyway, as mentioned that it only ...appear in few... -- is this one that exception?

What makes it not working with all and on that scene in particular? Is it because I install it on top of non-GotR build?

I did make [what I believe is] the necessary adjustments for the mod to fit my end, as w/o it the game crashes upon the initial loading screen. Granted, it appear to be working so far with one and looking to see more with others to be fair.

Much thanks for considering this, cheers.
As you can see, there is a special model for the beretta model that contains the file ".cmesh" which that kind of file can be used only for cutscenes. But in few cutscenes (the meeting with Maero for example) uses the ".smesh" model of the beretta, which that file can be used for gameplay. Mostly the cutscenes (in missions) that the pistol show up are: "Appointed Defender", "First Impressions", "Showdown", "Eternal Sunshine", "... and a Better Life" and "Revelation". As far i know, if you change a cmesh file to a smesh one, the weapon will be invisible in the cutscene, and might cause a crash.

Much thanks for elaborating! I see now thanks to you. Guess it's fair enough then with that limitation in mind. Cheers.

Back