SuperUI v2.7 (No exit prompts in menus, HUD enhancements, better Weapons Cache & More!)

Discussion in 'Compilations' started by nclok1405, Jul 27, 2018.

1. I wish we could rebind the food keys (for me I would do F1-F4) when holding Q, that 1sec I lose by lifting the mouse and searching/confirming the food item is alot of damage that lv 4-5 notoriety mission can put on me
    I tried looking at my setting file (from Appdata-THQ) in notepad++ but it's a dat file so it does not show up as readable text/show as unidentified symbols
    May I also know which file is it that has the liquor and food shops item description strings, and if they can be edited in notepad or how?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
    jj rice likes this.
  2. The mod missions don't seem to do anything with the superUI 2.7,
    if a fix comes out I would like to know which files (inc lua etc) are for the modded missions section cos there are some things I wanna keep modded how I tweaked eg sr2_city_missions xtbl

3. SR2's keyboard input system is highly abstracted and nope, it is not possible to detect F1-F4 from UI scripts.

Food descriptions table is located at the beginning of "liquor_store.lua".
    Code (Lua):

-- Food item description table, taken from drugs.xtbl [nclok1405]
    LIQOUR_DESC = {
        ["the_fist1"] = "DRUG_FIST_DESC",
        ["burgera1"] = "DRUG_TWIN_DESC",
        ["chicken_bazooms"] = "DRUG_CHICK_DESC",
        ["blunt"] = "BLUNT_DESC",
        ["40oz"] = "40OZ_DESC",
        ["large_softdrink"] = "DRUG_SODA_DESC",
        ["the_fist"] = "DRUG_FIST_DESC",
        ["burgera"] = "DRUG_TWIN_DESC",
        ["grecian_juice"] = "DRUG_GRECIAN_DESC",
        ["steaming_kabob"] = "DRUG_SODA_DESC",    -- Lacks unique flavor text
        ["hot_gyro"] = "DRUG_HOT_GYRO_DESC",
        ["coffee"] = "DRUG_COFFEE_DESC",
        ["donut_holes"] = "DRUG_HOLES_DESC",
        ["brown_donut"] = "DRUG_DONUT_DESC",
        ["belly_jelly_donut"] = "DRUG_JELLY_DONUT_DESC",
        ["lil_gyro"] = "DRUG_LIL_GYRO_DESC",
        ["dong_tea"] = "DRUG_TEA_DESC",
        ["strange_egg_roll"] = "DRUG_EGG_ROLL_DESC",
        ["sum_old_guy"] = "DRUG_OLD_GUY_DESC",
        ["sum_yung_guy"] = "DRUG_YUNG_GUY_DESC",
        ["40oz1"] = "40OZ_DESC",
    }

To change the description text, change the text inside the double-quotation marks. For example, to change the description of The Fist, change both instances of "DRUG_FIST_DESC" to something. (One instance is for Freckle Bitch's and the other for Hard Charred Burgers)

Example:
    Code (Lua):

LIQOUR_DESC = {
        ["the_fist1"] = "The Fist uses powerful ingredients to empower your mind.",
        ["the_fist"] = "The Fist uses powerful ingredients to empower your mind.",
    }

If sounds like you are using a "sr2_city_missions.xtbl" from other mods. Make sure you're using the "sr2_city_missions.xtbl" from SuperUI mod before playing a mod mission.

The following files are responsible for mod missions:
    • sr2_city_missions.xtbl: Mission Definitions (used by SR2's game engine)
    • sui_mission_list.lua: Mod Mission List (used by UI)
    • mm_*.lua: Mod Mission Scripts
    • mm_*.cts: Mod Mission CoordinaTeS (list of navpoints, triggers, vehicles, NPCs used by a mod mission)

Samira likes this.
  4. Thanks, I found out I was tweaking the city missions to cost more respect
    and while moving back and forth with every file that I tweak from sr2 I forgot to triple check the city missions in Place your mods here Folder!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice