SuperUI for SR2 v2.9 (No exit prompts in menus, HUD enhancements, better Weapons Cache & More!)

SuperUI v2.5 now available. The cellphone homie icons are now added. Demolition Derby menus are enhanced.
The tabs of Gang Customization menu are now combined.
sui_gangcust.png

SuperUI v2.5 (April 8, 2020)
* Added homie icons to the Cellphone Homie menu.
* Combined both tabs of Gang Customization menu.
* Garage Menu with "SUI_GARAGE_HORZ_BARS = false" flag now has button tips at the bottom of the list. (Still no mention of Spacebar)
* HUD no longer accidently appear during Demolition Derby menu.
* Bonus Derby menu now shows correct vehicle when you reenter it.
* Bonus Derby menu now skips Vehicle Select screen for the derbies that have only one selectable vehicle.

EDIT: SuperUI v2.6 released. (Minor bugfix release)

SuperUI v2.6 (April 10, 2020)
* Fixed a bug that Cash display disappears after using a Food Store with HUD Autohide disabled. (Thanks Bandi for finding this!)
* Added cellphone homie icons support for Villain Homies and Misc Homies.
* Expanded Music Store menu height.
* Weapon Switch sound is now disabled during Weapons Cache menu and Demolition Derby menu.

Last edited:
Hey, I love the 2.6 update, but there's one problem. When I save an outfit and give it a name, my game crashes. Can you please fix this?
You probably already have around 22 custom outfits (the outfits that aren't unlockables or store-bought ones). This is the game's hard-limit and I cannot do anything with it. Please read Gentlemen of the Row's "Known Issues and Workarounds for Gentlemen of the Row.txt" file for more information.

(And no, I cannot prevent crashes or display "Too many outfits! You cannot save more than 22 custom outfits." error messages. The game doesn't give the menu Lua code any clue about the outfit's origins. The outfit's name is also not given to the Lua code.)

SuperUI v2.7 released. Now you can know what performance upgrades are already equipped as soon as you enter the mechanic menu.
sui_perf_upgrades.png

NOTICE: I forgot to revert my customized settings of vint_lib.lua! Please edit vint_lib.lua before creating the patch. The following options are different from the default:
  • SUI_AUTO_CONTINUE
  • SUI_TUTORIAL
  • SUI_VIGNETTE
  • SUI_GARAGE_HORZ_BARS

SuperUI v2.7 (April 16, 2020)
* Equipped performance upgrades are now marked with a gold star on Vehicle Customization menu.
* Disabled the arrows on Melee and Pistol Weapons Cache; this is a workaround/sacrifice to prevent various graphical glitches found on these two tabs such as button backgrounds or weapon icons not showing up.
* Disabled most debug_print messages, and a few remaining ones have a newline '\n' at the end. This was done to make the SuperUI mod more friendly for the logging version of Powertools.
* Pushing 'Next Radio' key on Triangulate mission now prints out the coordinates in the same format as various *.cts files (useful when used with the logging version of Powertools)
* Expanded more menu height of Plastic Surgeon (such as Hair Styles)

I disabled the cursor arrows on Melee and Pistol tabs of Weapons Cache. This is a necessary evil to prevent other (worse) graphical glitches from happening in these two tabs. (see spoiler for more technical explanations)
These two tabs have graphical glitches that happens randomly. Sometimes the background behind the weapons are missing, sometimes weapon icons are missing, sometimes left and top arrows are missing...

I think these random bugs of these two tabs are caused by the hard-limit of UI objects. In the vanilla game, these two categories did not have many weapons, so the devs did not allocate many reserve-slots for additional UI objects. Come GotR though... there are many more weapons here so the game is running out of free slots for UI objects.

I hope the new SR2 PC patch will increase the upper-limit of UI objects so I can re-enable the arrows.

Last edited:
Hello, I think the superUI seems to make the Pause menu to be glitchy and unusable (other than to just pause) in mission replays
<strikethrough>And furthermore, hip hop music seems to be hidden in playlist editor as well as bought songs after saving and reloading...</strikethrough>
and I found the newspaper clippings are disabled when in mission replays by superUI can we possibly un disable it?

Last edited:
Hello, I think the superUI seems to make the Pause menu to be glitchy and unusable (other than to just pause) in mission replays
<strikethrough>And furthermore, hip hop music seems to be hidden in playlist editor as well as bought songs after saving and reloading...</strikethrough>
and I found the newspaper clippings are disabled when in mission replays by superUI can we possibly un disable it?
I've recently replayed Appointed Defender but cannot reproduce anything strange regarding the pause menu. Could you explain what other mods you are using?

SR2 has trouble remembering what songs you've purchased; All Music Auto Unlock mod can help.

Newspaper Clipboard is disabled during missions because accessing it during a Mod Mission makes the game forget what mission is was playing.
If you still want to use the Newspaper Clipboard during missions, open "mission_replay.lua" then find and delete these code blocks:
Code:
    -- It is a bad idea to access Newspaper Clipboard during missions [nclok1405]
    if not sui_is_freeroam() then
        local header = "HELP_TEXT_CRIB_NEWS_CLIPPINGS_TITLE"
        local body = "HUD_TRIGGER_DISABLED_OTHER"
        local options = { [0] = "CONTROL_CONTINUE" }
        dialog_box_open(header, body, options, "mission_replay_just_close")
        return
    end

Last edited:
Cheers, both solutions help!
As with the pause menu, I just use the superUI with gotr mod sections 2 3 4 5 6 9 and 10

and in superUI vint_lib the options with Notepad++
SUI_AUTO_CONTINUE = false
-- Show HUD?
SUI_HUD_ENABLE = true
-- Enable on-screen messages?
SUI_HUD_MESSAGES_ENABLE = true
-- Use modern HUD layout (Health Bar and Weapon Circle on bottom-right)
SUI_MODERN_HUD_LAYOUT = false
-- Autohide various HUD elements
SUI_MODERN_HUD_AUTOHIDE = true
-- Use normal gameplay HUD in Zombie Uprising (Enable minimap and weapon display)
SUI_USE_NORMAL_HUD_IN_ZOMBIE_UPRISING = false
-- Enable Tutorials
SUI_TUTORIAL = true
-- Show shadow around the edge of the screen
SUI_VIGNETTE = true
-- Disable ripple wave effect on pause menu (delete interface_effects.xtbl if you set to false)
SUI_NO_RIPPLE_WAVE_EFFECT_ON_PAUSE = false
-- Animate the cash display when spending (true or false)
SUI_CASH_TINT_DOWN = true
-- Animate the cash display when cash is increased (true or false)
SUI_CASH_TINT_UP = true
-- Show horizontal bars at top and bottom of garage menu
SUI_GARAGE_HORZ_BARS = true

everything in the pause in a Replay glitches to freeze and duplicate the yellow cursor, even if I can move up and down, if I press enter instead of Esc, like to examine Collections, it hangs with the music playing indefinitely unless I alt F4

Last edited:
Cheers, both solutions help!
As with the pause menu, I just use the superUI with gotr mod sections 2 3 4 5 6 9 and 10

and in superUI vint_lib the options with Notepad++
SUI_AUTO_CONTINUE = false
-- Show HUD?
SUI_HUD_ENABLE = true
-- Enable on-screen messages?
SUI_HUD_MESSAGES_ENABLE = true
-- Use modern HUD layout (Health Bar and Weapon Circle on bottom-right)
SUI_MODERN_HUD_LAYOUT = false
-- Autohide various HUD elements
SUI_MODERN_HUD_AUTOHIDE = true
-- Use normal gameplay HUD in Zombie Uprising (Enable minimap and weapon display)
SUI_USE_NORMAL_HUD_IN_ZOMBIE_UPRISING = false
-- Enable Tutorials
SUI_TUTORIAL = true
-- Show shadow around the edge of the screen
SUI_VIGNETTE = true
-- Disable ripple wave effect on pause menu (delete interface_effects.xtbl if you set to false)
SUI_NO_RIPPLE_WAVE_EFFECT_ON_PAUSE = false
-- Animate the cash display when spending (true or false)
SUI_CASH_TINT_DOWN = true
-- Animate the cash display when cash is increased (true or false)
SUI_CASH_TINT_UP = true
-- Show horizontal bars at top and bottom of garage menu
SUI_GARAGE_HORZ_BARS = true

everything in the pause in a Replay glitches to freeze and duplicate the yellow cursor, even if I can move up and down, if I press enter instead of Esc, like to examine Collections, it hangs with the music playing indefinitely unless I alt F4
Sorry, I still cannot reproduce anything with the similar settings you're using. Could you please try the following things and let me know if the pause menu during the replay is still bugged:
  1. Create a GotR patch WITHOUT GotR's any optional mods (i.e. only use SuperUI)
  2. Delete "mission_replay.lua", "main_menu.lua", "menu_base.lua", and "pause_menu.lua" and create a GotR patch (i.e. only use SuperUI with no menu enhancements)
  3. Delete everything in "1-MODDERS_-_PUT_YOUR_OWN_PERSONAL_MODS_HERE" (uninstall SuperUI) and create a GotR patch (if your game is still bugged at this point, I recommend waiting for the SR2 re-release)
To anyone else: Do you have the same or similar problems? If so I might make "compatibility edition" of SuperUI that does not modify most menus.

Last edited:
So apparently when the issue happened I was trying to replay ronin Rest in Peace (after clearing lieutenants but before getting on a bike), but after I installed the fixes and reinstalled superUI, pause menu just works as intended again... seems like could have been a random session thing or my gotr didn't assemble properly last time :oops:

Back