SuperUI for SRTT Classic v1.2 (Detailed Notoriety HUD, Enhanced Crib Menu & more!)

Discussion in 'Mods in Progress' started by nclok1405, Jul 2, 2019.

Tags:
  1. 11/10, Great job.

2. F13

F13

Here you go

Attached Files:

3. Very , very NICE . Love It

Attached Files:

4. Nice! I hope the author eventually comes back to this mod (he seems to be still active) and implements this.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
    F13 likes this.
  5. SuperUI for SRTT Classic v1.0 released.

srtt_superui_noto2.png

v1.0 (July 6, 2020)
    * This mod is now renamed to "SuperUI for SRTT Classic" to make it clear that this is only for the 2011 Classic version of SRTT.
    * Gang notoriety icons are stars again. (Thanks F13 for the base texture! but the shadows behind the HUD went missing so I further modified it)
    * Tattoo Parlor and Plastic Surgeon menus in crib now uses the crib menu background.
    * Added "Quit to Desktop" in Pause Menu.
    * Added Machinima mode, enabled by setting "SUI_MACHINIMA" to true in vint_lib.lua. Objective markers and DLC unlock messages are disabled if this mode is enabled.
    * Added "SUI_OVERRIDE_M07" flag in game_lib.lua which enables a modder to override m07.lua "Return to Steelport" mission.
    * Homie indicators now autohides when there are no homie-related changes for a while.
    * Moving the mouse no longer instantly unhides the weapon circle.

EDIT: I forgot to mention but special thanks goes for Rick/gibbed to finding the Machinima Mode.
    SuperUI fixes some bugs:
    * To prevent softlock, entering the clip list without any clips adds a dummy unselectable "NONE" entry.
    * DLC unlock screens are disabled.
    * HUD visibility in "Hide HUD" mode can be customized in vint_lib.lua.
    Various other glitches and crashes remain though... we're just really, really lucky that this thing made it into the release version.

EDIT2: v1.1 now available (see the post below)

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
  6. SuperUI for SRTT Classic v1.1 released.

v1.1 (July 11, 2020)
    * Added HUD display toggle in SuperUI options menu.
    * Pause/Resume and Menu Transition animations are now faster.
    * You can override Subtitle font size in vint_lib.lua. (SUI_SUBTITLE_SIZE)
    * Mission Complete screen's Respect award sequence is skipped if the player's level is already at 50.
    * Diversion Status (purple circles shown at the top-right corner of the screen) is now hidden in Machinima Editor.
    * Removed Video Export button in Machinima Editor because it is broken.

You can now customize the subtitle size from vint_lib.lua's SUI_SUBTITLE_SIZE variable.
    This is how it looks like in 1280x720 Windowed with "SUI_SUBTITLE_SIZE = 1.0" setting:
    bigsubtitle.png

EDIT: v1.2 released.

v1.2 (July 12, 2020)
    * Added "Missions" option to Tutorials setting which will display tutorial popups in missions only.
    * By default, screen fade animations are faster now. I also added screen fade related settings to vint_lib.lua.
    * Added SuperUI version info in Extras menu.
    * The game no longer shows a confirmation dialog when you are about to cancel a mission during the "Pre-mission" phonecall.
    * Fixed a bug of m03.lua "We're Going to Need Guns" that Friendly Fire's yellow marker remain in replay.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
  7. I have a question that's slightly unrelated to the mod but you seem to be the most knowledgable person about this topic: Would it be possible to change the decimal separator for numbers in SR3 to a comma and the thousands separator to a spacing (aka. the European format)? It's not something I have a big problem with but I've been wondering if it's doable.

8. Made an experimental mod using an unused function "get_char_in_string". Overwrite your vint_lib.lua with this one.
    I hope it works well and doesn't cause glitches in unrelated things.
    Note it only affects cash display in HUD and main Cellphone header. Stats menu is unaffected and a bit more involved.

Attached Files:

9. Does this mod can run alongside with the "things to do in steelport" superpack ?

10. Many thanks! Also, I've noticed something while scrolling through the file. There are functions to swap the ui icons between x360 and ps3 icons when using a gamepad, depending on the platform (with x360 icons being set for PC for obvious reasons). Does it mean I could get the ps3 icons to appear if I edited those functions properly (adding a bool would probably be enough) or are these functions just a leftover and the icons are not even in the game files?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice