Subtitles and Voice Overs

There are times (mostly in story missions) in which the voice played is completely different (as in not a single word matches) from the subtitle displayed. I mostly use Female 1 voice, I'm not sure about others.

I'm guessing some voice actors may have read their lines differently, or whatever, but perhaps it would be possible to implement a system so that the subtitles can sync up with the voices?

Maybe whatever variable is set so that the engine knows which voice set to play could be also used to read that voice set's subtitles?

There is also a more complicated, and probably impossible (or at least too expensive) to fix issue in which some of the dialogue refers to the Boss as "him" regardless of the current gender.

There have also been a few typos with the subs. The most recent one I can recall is during Asha's loyalty mission, one of the subs say "reqet" instead of request.

My favorite "typo" to date with subtitles is when Male Voice 3 finishes up Asha's loyalty mission as well, oddly enough. He says "now all I need is pussy galore," referring to the James Bond character Pussy Galore. [All Asha's missions make Bond references.] Of course, since the subtitles for the name aren't capitalized this has 'unfortunate' implications. [Especially if you don't know anything about Fleming's work.] Maybe it was intentional on Volition's part, but somehow I suspect not. It certainly made me laugh.

Last edited:
My favorite "typo" to date with subtitles is when Male Voice 3 finishes up Asha's loyalty mission as well, oddly enough. He says "now all I need is pussy galore," referring to the James Bond character Pussy Galore. [All Asha's missions make Bond references.] Of course, since the subtitles for the name aren't capitalized this has 'unfortunate' implications. [Especially if you don't know anything about Fleming's work.] Maybe it was intentional on Volition's part, but somehow I suspect not. It certainly made me laugh.

So I'm guessing the subtitles are already set to display based on the selected voice, so we just need to correct them.

Yeah, I use female voice 1 as well and the subtitles do not match a fair percent of the time. I guess it is interesting though, we get two different options they had to use for the dialog. This also happens with statically voiced npc's such as the saints crew. Their dialog and subtitle do not always match.

I'm gonna go with "Easter Egg - Bonus Alternate Script" on this one. Easier than explaining.

I've also been using Female 1 voice, and while I normally play with subs on, this got to be too distracting so I had to turn them off.

Male voice 2 also says things differently compared to the subs sometimes, but I don't find it annoying.

Back