Stream_grid.asm_pc merge?

I am very new at this, I have read the tutorial in the Saints Rows IV forum about merging mods, however it shows two different mods that need merging and it says "Extract the files" but doesn't mention if the files for BOTH mods need to be extracted, or WHICH file(s) need to be extracted, or just one mod etc, and then mentions that the asc file will be overwritten.

What I have is the Replay Mission Mod, and the Slightly Easier Activities Mod, the only file they have in common is stream_grid.asm_pc

DO the two stream_grid.asm_pc files need to be merged, or is there a bunch of files in each of the Stream_grid files that need to be extracted and merged?
The merge tutorial for a newbie is somewhat vague on that particular thing

Any help would be appreciated.

I suppose another alternative would be to remove the Slightly Easier Activities and use the Mission Replay Mod until I get the Achievement, But I'd like the convenience of having both at once.

For reference, I've modded the TES games, No Man's Sky, but Saints Row has me at total newb level here.

You need this to update ASM files:
ASM Updater Tool

Follow the instructions in that thread. Move all the files from both mods to where they have to go according to their installation instructions, it doesn't matter which stream_grid.asm_pc you use, then run the updater tool as explained in its post and it will now contain the information for both mods to work together.

You need this to update ASM files:
ASM Updater Tool

Follow the instructions in that thread. Move all the files from both mods to where they have to go according to their installation instructions, it doesn't matter which stream_grid.asm_pc you use, then run the updater tool as explained in its post and it will now contain the information for both mods to work together.

Thank you for the reply and link!

So, if I understand this correctly, I can have two mods, that both use the stream_grid.asm_pc file, and put both mod files in the directory with only ONE stream_grid.asm_pc file, and when I run ASM Updater it will find the files for both mods, and automatically add everything to the one stream_grid.asm_pc?

If so, that's pretty awesome

Back