Steelport

Anyone feel like Steelport could've been a lot more than what we have now? Like if Volition had more time and wanted to be creative they might've been able to give us a much better Steelport.

P.S. I just wanted to make a thread to see how everyone's opinion on this city.

So I was bored over the last couple days and made a little something.
8X5EJmb.png

I expanded some parts of Steelport to see how it would look.

I might mess around with Carver Island and New Colvin, I wish we can get the map SDK and hopefully it'll come true.

I might mess around with Carver Island and New Colvin, I wish we can get the map SDK and hopefully it'll come true.
We have accomplished worse things lol. Your work is awesome and it will be included in the beta 2009 mod if you would like it to. I would be pleased to attempt to find a way to create that section you made in the game. If we can modify the game to core like we have so far, whats to say we couldn't expand the city somehow. It's all programming and files from what I've learned and with the communities help this game could be so much more like you say. I think volition was simply underfunded and running out of time with the budget to create this game and threw it all together. I think it is an awesome game they made and was happy to buy it, but like you say, with mods and rtextures and creative ideas like yours, this game could be something great. If they had a larger budget and time to create more, this game could have been so awesome , they could have broke the market with it. It's realistic, fun and entirely insane for the the things we aren't allowed to do in real life. Crooked cops, gangsters and prostitutes( what a life:p). Game on HeeyYay and keep posting me great ideas to make our game better.

So I was bored over the last couple days and made a little something.
8X5EJmb.png

I expanded some parts of Steelport to see how it would look.
Welcome to your map in action. we may eventualy try to use like the military island and duplicate it somehow and create that section of the city and retexture it somehow.
Screenshot3736.jpg

I edited the colors in game to look as close to original concept as I could

Back