[SRTT] Enhanced Top Speed

Vehicles too slow? Raise the top-speed of all land-vehicles by up to 100%! This does not include DLC vehicles as of now. This will conflict with any mod that may edit the handling of vehicles. Note that the top speed might not actually be double, as the gearing for certain vehicles requires adjustment.

This is my first mod I ever made for the Saints Row and I just want to test the waters. Please do leave criticism, I'd like to know what you guys think. If there is interest, I'll definitely work on adding the DLC vehicles to this and I may add more features. I'm also interested in making similar mods for Saints Row 2 and 4.

Thank you for checking out my mod!

Attachments

• Saints Row The Third - Enhanced Top Speed 1.0.zip
    197.6 KB · Views: 1,188
Vehicles too slow? Raise the top-speed of all land-vehicles by up to 100%! This does not include DLC vehicles as of now. This will conflict with any mod that may edit the handling of vehicles. Note that the top speed might not actually be double, as the gearing for certain vehicles requires adjustment.

This is my first mod I ever made for the Saints Row and I just want to test the waters. Please do leave criticism, I'd like to know what you guys think. If there is interest, I'll definitely work on adding the DLC vehicles to this and I may add more features. I'm also interested in making similar mods for Saints Row 2 and 4.

Thank you for checking out my mod!
Hi,
couldn't test your mod cause i have only sr4 but I wonder if this could be done with a small lua script.I used the max speed lua command in my info and animation mod
to increase the speed of vehicles but in my mod the speed resets to defaults if you change
into another vehicle.But this was just for fun to get higher speed if driving in emty city mode and was not intended to work permanently.But i guess this could be coded in lua
and may be less work than editing tons of xtbl files.(But its just a guess.)

Since sr3 has no workshop patch the code would have to be included into the sr3city.lua from the sandbox+ mod but I think it should work.

Last edited:
Not a bad idea! -- I actually made a Python script to mass-edit the .xtbl files, which made it way easier for me. I would probably go for a script implementation instead, as that would enhance compatibility a lot, however I'll venture to guess that it will be hard to find documentation. I should probably have a look at sandbox+ tho, it might give me some pointers.

Not a bad idea! -- I actually made a Python script to mass-edit the .xtbl files, which made it way easier for me. I would probably go for a script implementation instead, as that would enhance compatibility a lot, however I'll venture to guess that it will be hard to find documentation. I should probably have a look at sandbox+ tho, it might give me some pointers.
Yeah,that helped me alot and also Henry08's tutorials for sr4 and not to forget the mods from FanofSaints especialy the crib mod IdolNinjas sandbox+ and stuff.If i remember right somewhere in the tut section is a html file with all lua commands available ingame.This document is very interesting imo and I'm still finding new things and get new ideas for mods.At sample how to trigger many things with npc's and players like making them dissapear or let them do animations and so on.

I know this page is old, I don't even know if Fierelier is still active on here, but I don't think this worked, at least for me. I was using Zolika's ZMenu to give me a m/s speedometer readout and it seemed like the affected cars still had the same top speeds as before. The Attrazione goes about 100 MPH in the vanilla game, it still went 100 MPH with the mod installed, both with and without upgrades.

@mrwallace888 Hello! I am not currently active modding Saints Row, unfortunately. I'm sorry the mod isn't working, to be honest I haven't tested it a lot, I might have placebo'd myself. I might come back to modding the series in a year or two, if I remember this, I'd like to fix this mod.

Be careful when using Zolika's mods. I'm sure his speedometer is accurate and it won't mess with my mod, but most of his works are proprietary. It's entirely possible his mods do things you don't intend them to, if not now, then maybe at a later date. Him hoarding the code doesn't enrich the creators in the community, either. I don't recommend supporting him.

Be careful when using Zolika's mods. I'm sure his speedometer is accurate and it won't mess with my mod, but most of his works are proprietary. It's entirely possible his mods do things you don't intend them to, if not now, then maybe at a later date. Him hoarding the code doesn't enrich the creators in the community, either. I don't recommend supporting him.
Funny you mention that, considering that I'm actually a close friend of Zolika.

You know, people tend to give him a lot of shit without realizing what actually went down. He gave up modding recently due to ThirteenAG's and FusionFix's constant harassment and doxxing, plus they basically got a bunch of people to rally against him with their own harassment and to help spread the slander.

Unfortunately, his stuff still remains closed-source which is a shame, because it'd be nice if people could at least continue his work for him. But he's been treated pretty terribly over minor misunderstandings and things that simply weren't in his control. Which honestly in itself is just ridiculous. We're all modders and the fact that as of late (with GTA's modding community probably being one of the worst culprits), modding has gotten so toxic is just beyond me. It's so unnecessary because at the end of the day we all want to just improve our favorite games, and we should stop throwing stuff at each other and just work together more on stuff. And even when there is drama, people seriously need to learn to act like adults and talk it out. No sense in holding grudges for God knows how long.

Zolika actually has evidence to back himself up and he does his best to explain everything. But he's actually suffered a lot of IRL shit because of the things people have said and done to him, ruining not just his modding career, but his life and maybe even his family.

Regardless of whose side you're on, I still think everyone's behavior towards him is still just heavily uncalled for. The fact especially that ThirteenAG and other groups actively tried to ruin everything as much as possible for him is really sickening. If people didn't like him, it's not like they couldn't just simply ignore him or something, instead of actively being a prick about it.

Sorry, I'm not trying to rope drama into this thread on purpose, but I do want people to understand that sometimes this sort of thing just... isn't really necessary.

Funny you mention that, considering that I'm actually a close friend of Zolika.

You know, people tend to give him a lot of shit without realizing what actually went down. He gave up modding recently due to ThirteenAG's and FusionFix's constant harassment and doxxing, plus they basically got a bunch of people to rally against him with their own harassment and to help spread the slander.

Unfortunately, his stuff still remains closed-source which is a shame, because it'd be nice if people could at least continue his work for him. But he's been treated pretty terribly over minor misunderstandings and things that simply weren't in his control. Which honestly in itself is just ridiculous. We're all modders and the fact that as of late (with GTA's modding community probably being one of the worst culprits), modding has gotten so toxic is just beyond me. It's so unnecessary because at the end of the day we all want to just improve our favorite games, and we should stop throwing stuff at each other and just work together more on stuff. And even when there is drama, people seriously need to learn to act like adults and talk it out. No sense in holding grudges for God knows how long.

Zolika actually has evidence to back himself up and he does his best to explain everything. But he's actually suffered a lot of IRL shit because of the things people have said and done to him, ruining not just his modding career, but his life and maybe even his family.

Regardless of whose side you're on, I still think everyone's behavior towards him is still just heavily uncalled for. The fact especially that ThirteenAG and other groups actively tried to ruin everything as much as possible for him is really sickening. If people didn't like him, it's not like they couldn't just simply ignore him or something, instead of actively being a prick about it.

Sorry, I'm not trying to rope drama into this thread on purpose, but I do want people to understand that sometimes this sort of thing just... isn't really necessary.
danm... im sorry to hear all that

I know this page is old, I don't even know if Fierelier is still active on here, but I don't think this worked, at least for me. I was using Zolika's ZMenu to give me a m/s speedometer readout and it seemed like the affected cars still had the same top speeds as before. The Attrazione goes about 100 MPH in the vanilla game, it still went 100 MPH with the mod installed, both with and without upgrades.
This is a bit old but, but that's because the game/engine actually has a top speed limit in place independent of the vehicle files. You have to use Zolika's menu to remove it. Doing so lets vehicle go way faster even with vanilla files, it might even ignore the top speed limit in the vehicles files themselves? (it makes tanks go fast too, and also breaks certain missions like the one where you have to tail a helicopter on the penthouse takeover mission? because it ends up escaping before you can even get into a helicopter yourself).
So yeah, for enhanced top speeds, you can use ZMenu, but if you want to be able to do a proper playthrough from start to finish you'd have to tweak some vehicle files first.

Last edited:
This is a bit old but, but that's because the game/engine actually has a top speed limit in place independent of the vehicle files. You have to use Zolika's menu to remove it. Doing so lets vehicle go way faster even with vanilla files, which ignores even the top speed limit in the vehicles files themselves AFAIK not exactly sure, been too long since I played SR3 (and makes tanks go fast too, and also breaks certain missions like the one where you have to tail a helicopter because it ends up going way too fast).
But the weird thing though is that without the speed cap every car's speed still varies. The Churchill for example was like way faster than the Attrazione ten-fold.

Back