SRIV Boss not importing

Game just doesn't use the right boss. It uses my boss from a very old save that no longer exists. steam userdata folder doesn't contain any old saves. is there some sort of cache I should clear? or does the import no longer function due to outdated things?

They changed the format of the save files in SRIV, making them incompatible with GOOH. Your old boss is used because there's a save somewhere on your system that's compatible. There's no fix for this, and it's not been patched. The same thing happens on the console versions too.

Is there then a method to modify an old save with current character data or was the save system reformat too different?

They changed the format of the save files in SRIV, making them incompatible with GOOH. Your old boss is used because there's a save somewhere on your system that's compatible. There's no fix for this, and it's not been patched. The same thing happens on the console versions too.
I don't believe they changed the save format on consoles. Those should still import from SRIV to GOOH correctly. The save format was changed to support Steam Workshop which is only on PC.

so does anyone know if there's a way to take the data relating to characters and transplant those into an older save file?

Back