SR4 and other games discs burnt by laser

I know this forum is for the PC version but I done sent my 360 to the repair center after the laser somehow burned into a few discs I own. The first one was COD Black Ops II, then the next one was SRIV and I just recently bought GTA5 and now it's damaged. Is there anyone else on the internet is having the same problem as me?

I don't know its its the same but the very first xbox didn't have any disc stabilizers, so if it was tilted while reading a disc it would shred the disc.

I remember this would happen if you mooved the console while a game was in it.

It happened to my Halo 4 disc. I don't remember moving the console while it was spinning, so I'm not sure how it happened. I kept trying to polish the disc myself, but it didn't help. So I had to buy a new Halo 4 disc. I also ended up getting a new Xbox 360 because I didn't trust my old one anymore (it was an Elite), but I needed a bigger hard drive anyway.

If you want to get a new Xbox 360, there may be a few model E units still available, but, since Microsoft stopped making them, you'll have to act quick. I'm sure you can find used ones too.

Last edited:
Back