SR3 works

[UPDATE: reviewed my old mod, updated/revised the documentation, and added two more tweaks(varied cam view). All of these can be found in the "CZMods-revision2.zip" file.]

I've recently been informed(via Saints Row page on Facebook) that besides SRIV looking promising, there's this news that Volition's (in collaboration with the very saints row modding community)also going to make a proper SDK(-ish?)/mod support for the upcoming game, and the previous two games, which is awesome!

I'm kinda thinking of "getting back on the horse" and (re)starting on modding here again. But I'm still currently hooked on exploring the nook and cranny of Q3A's source code. I might return due to the upcoming SRIV though... ;)

But in the meantime, I'd rather share what have I done with my game, and I encourage anyone to try out and, maybe, retweak them, themselves. Really, I welcome anyone to do whatever the hell you want with my work here, as I'd be happy to see what folks would turn up(or better yet, improve) from here. :D

So here goes...

All of my works in modding the sh*t out of SR3.

[ADDED(overview): For those in the fence, what my mod essentially changes is the flow/style of combat in SR3. Further favoring the frantic, manic, explosive action gunplay that is catered towards the player.]

In short, if you're a fan of en-masse action games like those hack-n-slashers, or Serious Sam-esque massive shooters, then you might like this.

Fair warn that this will make the game, more straining on your PC.

For more in-depth info, you guys might want to read the (almost) full documentation of my works (it's the "readme and documentation" text file in the zip, together with the folders.

So there, download it, try it, tweak it. Enjoy. :)

[ADDITION as of 06-15-2013: Added "CZ45MeleeMod.zip"]
Big thanks to fellow modder "COCOCOlavanilla" for this one by the way. Currently playing around with these, so-called "syncedmove". And I hope anyone will get a better mod out from what I did. :)

This mod changes most of your groin attacks with takedowns/beatdowns...and "pantomime knife-kills"?

For more details, please refer to the readme included in the zip.

[ADDITION as of 06-17-2013: Added "CZ45MeleeMod-revision2.zip"]
Further retweak of the melee mod, plus, no more camera animation for takedowns!
Update detailed in "changes.txt" included in zip file, and on one of my recent posts.

Also, removed "CZMods.zip" since it starts to clutter up the place.

Attachments

• CZMods-revision2.zip
    140 KB · Views: 900
  • CZ45MeleeMod.zip
    60 KB · Views: 621
  • CZ45MeleeMod-revision2.zip
    116 KB · Views: 818
Is this considered an In-Progress mod or a Released Mod?

Just asking because you put it in the In-Progress forum.

:confused: Welp...I admit, given that I'm starting to rework/refine my tweaks with SR3 today(starting to get stale with my basic BF2 mod, might save and drop that work for now). I think by now, it is right to consider it a work-in-progress.

I'm back on tweaking the third person, on-foot camera view, I might be adding up more options/variations regarding that aspect, and I'll try to run another pass with my mod, and make some further minor tweaks(refine) and further update my documentation at least one last time. ;)

By the way, how do I request on moving this thread, once i'm done with what i've...well, done? :D

Just message myself or Minimaul and we can can move the thread.

Thanks, IdolNinja! :D

Now, new mod added, named "CZ45MeleeMod.zip"(found together with the other zip files above). A groin-attack modification for those who got tired of all the dick punches, and, in a way, wants to have some control on what takedowns they really want to perform. More info on bottom part of main thread, and in the Readme file included in the zip.

[added; my second iteration of the melee mod(included zip file). To those who want to simply jump in and try out the mod I'd recommend this. But for anyone willing to try out modding the movesets themselves however, might want to take the zip file on the main post above]

[EDIT: included zip file removed, there's "CZ45MeleeMod-revision2.zip" by now anyway. :D]

Probably my final revision for my "Groin attacks replacement"(CZ45MeleeMod-rev2) tweak. Took me the whole, last afternoon figuring out how to disable the camera for the takedown animations.

---
The Details(for those who want to know :) );
Shonenlex's "No Animated Camera Mod" is a good point to start, but he mentioned that it was based off some other mods, and thinking it might not be compatible with my melee mod, I then took it upon myself and make my own tweaks.

First trouble I encountered is that the whole "anim_files" table is a nightmare to navigate. Bojan's xtbl editor could have been a help, but every time I save, the editor somehow "fix"(reworks the order/original arrangements) the whole thing, making it unusable in the process. So it seems that I have to edit it via text editor (used wordpad since the notepad's kinda slow with this big file). You could check it("anim_files.xtbl") out yourself with your favorite text editor to see how cluttered the whole thing is.

Anyway, took me a great while to figure out the keyword (tried "takedown", "td","sprint"), seems that my targets were named "sprntattk_frnt" and "sprntattk_bck", each with five counts(corresponds to the five variations for front and back takedowns, I believe). I finally hit the right dirt by trying out and deleting the animation flag "Use_Animated_Camera" for each.
--

Anyway, I also retweaked the whole melee thing again (check out the "changes.txt" included in the zip file). Have fun. :)

[EDIT: uploaded file moved to main thread post(above)]

Please keep all updated version of the mod files attached to the OP instead of adding them to new posts.

First trouble I encountered is that the whole "anim_files" table is a nightmare to navigate. Bojan's xtbl editor could have been a help, but every time I save, the editor somehow "fix"(reworks the order/original arrangements) the whole thing, making it unusable in the process. So it seems that I have to edit it via text editor (used wordpad since the notepad's kinda slow with this big file). You could check it("anim_files.xtbl") out yourself with your favorite text editor to see how cluttered the whole thing is.

I would recommend Notepad ++ for editing the files.
http://notepad-plus-plus.org/

Holy f-ck this mod is sweet!
Can I use the knife kills for the Deckers sword too?

Back