SR3 -> SR4 mod conversion tips

I'd like this thread to be about people's experiences in converting existing SR3 mods to SR4.

After diddling about with the shiny new packer/unpacker, it looks like there are maybe two major differences between the unpacked SR3 and SR4 files (at least for some of the player_creation* tables, found in misc_tables): some of the files like custhair.xtbl are now in UTF-16 format, and some of the paths to the text descriptors have changed.

It appears most of the Image As Designed hacks (haircolor, skin color, etc) will work verbatim - although with player_creation_hair_color.xtbl I had to change TableDescription -> Element -> [name = display_name, Reference -> File = localized_exports\PlayerCreation_text.xtbl ] to localized_exports\PlayerCreat.xtbl - although I did get some slightly odd behavior when I tried this (it looks like the unref'ed string handling may have changed?)

If you're having problems with missing language strings, use the language string tool that I released to create new ones :)

I was actually curious what would happen if I dropped a Saints Row Third mod into my SR 4 folder.....surprisingly the mod worked.....except that it made the specifically SR4 content disappear obviously. It was the customization_items file. In that files case it should just be a matter of adding the new content to the old mods. I'd assume it be just like merging to mods.

Where do i get the nude mods n other mods like the super powers from saints four into sr3......point me to a right direction.....i'm totally stranded :confused:

Back