SR3-Climbing up the Ladders

In SR3, Steelport has many ladders but unable to climb them.:mad:

My character can climb fences, shipping containers and crates but can NOT climb any ladders.:confused:

Is there a code that can enable ladder climbing or does the jump height have to be increased in
some file ?

I am playing SR3 on PC ( fully legal & updated game with steam ).

Can someone here please give advice on ladder climbing.:cool:

Thank you;)

I don't think it's possible without tools to edit the world geometry itself.

I thank you IdolNinja for the reference to the world geometry;)

It may be that the climbable geometric surfaces such as the fences and shipping containers
have a surface properties script or code that states that it is able to be climbed by the
player.

for example ;
Code:
<climbable_surface>true</climbable_surface>

Most likely, each geometric object has an object properties file that would indicate if
it was static, movable, destroyable or climbable and what effect should activate, such as sound,
fire, explosion, smoke or whatever when the object is fired upon or crashed into. ( collision effects )

Would someone please point me in the general direction of where to look for these files that contain
the world objects properties.:D

Thank you;)

You missed my point. None of the chunks are editable with the tools we have. Everything is in a proprietary format afaik.

Do you think people from Volition would scout out these kinds of forums to suck up information on what the player would like to see in the next Saints Row?

Cool. I hope they put it all in consideration. :)

There is a jump mod here on these forums someone posted some months back I cn't think of the name offhand as I've been away for months.
I use that mod and it does allow one to climb up (jump up_ on ) SOME very few buildings you'd otherwise
never be able to get on top of. However this is very few and specific buildings and structures. I recall replying
in that thread about that and mentioning one building I had found . Which I use to some amusement for
fights with Lucradors,etc.

Otherwise I'm limited to flying to one in a chopper or something and doing my rooftop shoot outs that way.

Most buildings one can't jump up on, just a very tiny few I found so far. I've not tried em all though> hah. SO many...

There is a jump mod here on these forums someone posted some months back I cn't think of the name offhand as I've been away for months.
I use that mod and it does allow one to climb up (jump up_ on ) SOME very few buildings you'd otherwise
never be able to get on top of. However this is very few and specific buildings and structures. I recall replying
in that thread about that and mentioning one building I had found . Which I use to some amusement for
fights with Lucradors,etc.

Otherwise I'm limited to flying to one in a chopper or something and doing my rooftop shoot outs that way.

Most buildings one can't jump up on, just a very tiny few I found so far. I've not tried em all though> hah. SO many...
Its the Agility Mod thread. And you did reply to it about a couple buildings. I did find one and had hours of fun with it. XD

Back