deleted

No idea. Did you accidentally delete the dxfreezer.dll symbolic link that the install creates? Did you try reinstalling Powertools using Run as Administrator?

no dxfreezer is still there, i mean i deleted it and put it back again several times but initially no i did not remove it. i have reinstalled powertools and run as administrator.

whats weird is that i cant delete powertools.dll while running saints row, meaning its in use, like something is blocking it.

any ideas?

did you manually change the timescale value in the ini?

now that i go back and look, in the readme it says

;//
;// Speed-specific parameters
;//
;// percentage (float):
;// The percentage of time to rip off from the real internal timers.
;// SpeedHack-derived values should be compatible here.
;//

[speed]
percentage = 1.0

and i tried changing the percentage value, but it doesn't do anything. also i have both the auto timescale beta files as well as revision 2 installed, could that cause a problem?

You changed the value in the... readme? No. The powertools archive comes with multiple files, including powertools.ini. You need to extract all of them to your sr2 install folder.

You can't possibly have both versions of powertools in there because they both use the exact same files. I would suggest redownloading the last auto timescale beta, extracting all the files to overwrite your existing ones, deleting dxfreezerserver.dll, installing again as administrator to recreate the symbolic link, and finally running it and see if the auto timescale works again.

i deleted everything relating to powertools in the saints row 2 folder, i redownloaded the test from this site: http://saintsrowpowertools.com/oldbeta/beta.html[url]http://saintsrowpowertools.com/oldbeta/beta.html[/URL]
i extracted to the saints row 2 folder, moved everything out of the folder to where all the readmes are, ran the install as admin, deleted the dxfreezer, ran the install as admin again, and started up saints row again.

no change in speed :[

did i miss something? am i doing something wrong?

Back