SR2 bad optimization problem.

Hey everyone. I just bought SR2 and played it. But there is a problem in the game. When I drive a car, the fps getting drop and this is so boring. My PC is totally game monster and it's a very strong machine. So there is nothing problem with my computer. You know, SR2 is a very old game and it's okey to have problems. But just like I said, this is boring and I can not even play this game because that problem. Is there no way to fix that?

Sorry for my bad english btw.

Hmm, somehow i had that issue not to long ago. Try to use medium or low graphics, if that doesnt solve the problem..im not sure how to help, my bad

Try running it in Windowed Mode, set its resolution to max and disable V-Sync. You'll get some background tearing on fast camera movements but the fps drop should be much less noticeable—it will still happen, though.
If you get weird borders while in Windowed Mode, try running Borderless Gaming (google it), a free program to get rid of those.

EDIT: also, try to lighten your savegame directory once in a while, keep between 5 and 10 savegames at once. It's usually found at "C:\Users\yourAccountName\AppData\Local\THQ\Saints Row 2". Just don't accidentally erase "profile.dat" and "settings.dat", savegames are .bbsave files.

Back