Spawn_Info_Catagories error (Kent fix)

• Thread starter Deleted member 4541
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4541

When I was looking at the Saints Row Wiki, I've found a vehicle called Kent, a combine, was supposed to spawn in Pleasant View around Arena District. I saw it was on the University District instead and tried to take that out and put it in a similar spot like the old spot. However, when I drove around Pleasant View's farm, the game crashes all of the sudden. I compared files to see if I had any errors on it but for some reason, nothing showed up. I know Saints Row 2 Modding isn't that really popular anymore ever since GOTR was last updated but i'm just wondering what is causing this crash.
Here is the file I edited for any curious modders out there. (If they are still active...)
http://www.filedropper.com/spawninfocategories

Use my file cause all I seen in your file after comparing using Winmerge and the Volition Table File Editor was a bunch of errors. It also says on the Saints Row Wikia "These variants were intended to randomly spawn on the farm in Pleasant View, but are not spawned due to an error in the game code." and "Note: The Kent is only driven by "City - Civilian - Farm", which only spawns in the University district, and not the Arena district where Pleasant view is located."

Attachments

• spawn_info_categories.zip
    9 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:
Use my file cause all I seen in your file after comparing using Winmerge and the Volition Table File Editor was a bunch of errors. It also says on the Saints Row Wikia "These variants were intended to randomly spawn on the farm in Pleasant View, but are not spawned due to an error in the game code." and "Note: The Kent is only driven by "City - Civilian - Farm", which only spawns in the University district, and not the Arena district where Pleasant view is located."
That's what I basically saw and made sure I fixed it by removing the farm spawn from University into Arena's section. Explain the errors though, I just installed the game on my new pc I got and that's the file I got from the tools. Only that farm text was changed.
I used Notepad++ for the editing along with the comparsion plugin I installed to compare the vanilla file and the one I modified.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I forgot to mention, I also compared GOTR's file to see if they fixed this bug too. The one you gave me is the same file with the farm spawn in the University section instead of in the Arena section...

Oh I forgot to mention, I also compared GOTR's file to see if they fixed this bug too. The one you gave me is the same file with the farm spawn in the University section instead of in the Arena section...
Yes it's from GoTR. From what I seen between vanilla PC and vanilla Xbox 360 this isn't really a bug that can be fixed thanks to an error in the game code which is also present in the Xbox 360 version too. By the way both the vanilla Xbox 360 and vanilla PC spawn_info_categories.xtbl files are the same.

Yes it's from GoTR. From what I seen between vanilla PC and vanilla Xbox 360 this isn't really a bug that can be fixed thanks to an error in the game code which is also present in the Xbox 360 version too.
Oh ok, I thought that was the giant error of why this isn't spawning. Welp, i'll just revert it back to normal. Thanks

Back