Sometimes charged power jump gives you permanently falling animation

Sometimes when simply hopping around Steelport my superjump can bug out and get me stuck like this. It's happened 3 times in about 12 hours of total gameplay. Each time required a save and reload of campaign in order to resolve it. Getting shot by friends, run over by cars, even jumping into water does not fix it.

Each time it happened I had my spacebar held down in anticipation for the next super-jump. I honestly have no idea why it happens, so I couldn't tell you how to reproduce it other than to simply parkour like I do.

Attachments

• 2013-08-22_00001.jpg
    2013-08-22_00001.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 465
I've had that happen several times, though I've found sliding my way toward the open water to be an effective fix. I go off an edge into deep water and immediately fall through the bottom of the game, watching the city fly into the sky above me, then it resets my location to where I appear on load/death and my character jumps once. Then I can continue playing normally. Not ideal, but better than reloading.

Attachments

• 2013-08-20_00194.jpg
    2013-08-20_00194.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 431
Last edited:
This happened to my buddy last night in co-op and I got him out of it by smacking him around with the tentacle bat.

Ah, I don't have the stomp power yet. I don't fall through the map in water, instead my character model seems to hover above the sea floor, but it is hard to get a good look since the camera refuses to go underwater. I might try a closer camera mod and see what it looks like.

this only happened to me when I attempted to land on an area I was not suppose to "angled area of one of the towers. I don't think it is related to the jump persay, I think its an issue more with where you land as it screws up the landing animation because it is not reading that you actually landed. Thought its just a thought, and its only happened once to me.

ok I have the stomp power now. When it happens to me, I can play the stomp animation repeatedly while "falling" at ground level, but it immediately resumes "falling". If I go to a large body of water I will fall through the map as it does to Armorlord.

Yesterday I was able to do it while standing on the ground during a super hero fight club game, and another time at ground level during a virus upload. Seems to happen more often if I hit sprint + jump at the same time when I am in the middle of a lot of action. If I am just hopping around aimlessly it almost never happens. It definitely happens more often on steep slopes such as the tops of churches. So far the only way to fix it for me is a save/reload. Even the dive bomb attack doesn't fix it, it just reverts to hover-mode after doing the slam attack.

Back