1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some Questions

Discussion in 'Steam Workshop' started by Admixon, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Admixon

Admixon Administrator Staff Member

So Steam Workshop is live and my mods have over thousand of subcribers. My one mod New Textures Project has a lot of too but people say that it doesn't work for them. So my question is: why?
    Another question is about vehicles. I was going to release some of my paintjobs but it something like New Textures. It repleaces textures. And there is a problem. We don't have something like CustomizationItemClone to clone clothes and I don't know what to do.
    I was trying to release Burning Eagle mod:
    20161123050029_1.jpg 20161123050036_1.jpg 20161123050149_1.jpg
    This mod contains edited textures and _veh file and I uploaded it and it doesn't work. Is there any way to CLONE vehicle?
    And the last question is about DLC items. I'm going to release a suit used in this picture:
    qfCZ3jF.jpg
    It's retextured DLC item. I was able to clone it but I don't know what will happen. Is it going to be enabled for anyone (for someone who doesn't have this DLC too)? Or do I have to set something like this:
    Code (Text):
    <Is_DLC>True</Is_DLC>

<Framework>dlc1</Framework>
    and that's enough?

2. [V] IdolNinja

[V] IdolNinja Volition Staff

Unsure about your first couple of questions, but regarding the new outfit:

When you clone, it's a new item. That mean anyone has access to it. In my opinion it looks different enough to not be an issue though.

3. Admixon

It's funny that I had to remove <Is_DLC>True</Is_DLC> and <Framework>dlc1</Framework> to make it work.

4. Some files don't work, and some can cause crashes.I am trying to upload my sloth...

5. Admixon

Steam workshop supports modifying the following tables:
    • items3d.xtbl will be parsed and we will look for items_containers.asm_pc and items_preload_containers.asm_pc.
    • Any weapons.xtbl will be parsed.
    • Any weapon_upgrades.xtbl will be parsed.
    • Any weapon_costumes.xtbl will be parsed and we will look for mods_costumes.asm_pc.
    • Any weapon_skins.xtbl will be parsed and we will look for mods_skins.asm_pc.
    • Any *_veh.xtbl will be parsed and we will look for vehicle_containers.asm_pc.
    • Any customization_items.xtbl and customization_outfitswill be parsed and we will look for custmize_item.asm_pc.
    • Any store_weapons.xtbl will be parsed.
    • Any items_inventory.xtbl will be parsed.
    • Any tweak_table.xtbl will be parsed. (Note that these are mods and not adds)
    • Any preload.xtbl will be parsed and names of the included containers will be preloaded.
    • Any homies.xtbl will be parsed and homies will be created from the entries.
    • Homies.xtbl has been augmented to support the tag <Auto_Unlocked>true</Auto_Unlocked> to unlock the homie without having to use an unlock from the unlockables table.
    • Cheats.xtbl will be parsed and any cheats found will be added.
    https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/working-with-table-files-for-steam-workshop.14701/

6. It seems that plym&anim files is not supported...