Some NPC Morph Thing- by Datasnake

Status
Not open for further replies.
DO NOT ASK FOR ANY MORE NPC MORPHS

A while back, Datasnake was working on trying to develop an NPC morph mod for SRTT. This was the result, a hack-ish experiment done by hex editing some of the mesh files for the TF2 masks. I had this kicking around on my hard drive for a while, and thought I'd share it with you after getting his permission. In SRTT, most NPCs are one solid mesh, meaning that the body and clothes are all one model- making it impossible for a player to use. However, a couple of characters use separate models for the head and body, or completely obscure the player's body, making them okay to use for this. Pretty much every other model not in this pack doesn't work with this method. Enjoy, and DON'T ASK FOR ANY MORE NPC MORPHS, because this pack already includes all the meshes that work properly.

To install, just extract the contents of the zip file into your saints row 3 folder:

C:/program files/steam/steamapps/common/saints row the third

The clothes can be found under the "suits" category in your wardrobe, with the same name as the TF2 items. They only work on male characters. Your co-op partner won't be able to see the suit unless they also have this mod installed.

2012-12-17_00001.jpg

2012-12-17_00002.jpg

2012-12-17_00003.jpg

2012-12-17_00004.jpg

2012-12-17_00005.jpg

2012-12-17_00006.jpg

Attachments

• Some_NPC_Morphs.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 15,088
And, Shitface, are you want do version for female characters? ;)

This is why I told him it was a bad idea. First of all, shitface didn't do any of this. It was DataSnake who did this over six months ago. It was so fucked up and buggy that he never bothered to release it. Shitface just asked him for permission to upload this. Second, it does not work for female characters and never will. SO STOP ASKING. This isn't a breakthrough. It's a buggy mess and posts like this is the reason I advised shitface against releasing this in the first place.

Too bad there's no good quality Morningstar suit! X'D just joking.
I read the OP and I'm not going to request anything more.
This is already damn awesome. Buggy, but awesome.
Good work DataSnake, and thanks Shitface for uploading it.

One of the Russian modmakers have already done this mod. He uploaded screenshots and you banned him for "photoshop".

First of all, it was only a temp ban, so don't get your panties in a twist. Second, we gave him a week to answer those allegations before we did that, and he did not respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back