[SOLVED] Wireless 360 controller stops working after returning from sleep mode

When you start SRIV, the gamepad must already be on in order to work, which is dumb, but quite common.
Unfortunately this appears to be the only time the controller is checked for.

If you leave the game for long enough that a wireless 360 controller shuts down, the game will no longer recognize it after you turn it back on.You have to restart the game, or if you are in the middle of a mission, you have to finish it with mouse and keyboard.

This is using win7 with a Microsoft wireless dongle and 360 wireless controller.

I have plugged in my 360 controller in the middle of playing the game and it is immediately recognized.

Try unplugging the dongle and then plugging it back in.

I've tested back and forth, and can't reproduce my own bug, so it was a temporary OS level thing it seems.

My controller is not recognized if I do not start the game with it also. I also have to disable my nostromo before a controller is even an option for the game. I know this was a problem for III also.
If the battery comes out temporarily while playing though, it will still be recognized.

Oh, removing the battery was my whole test for it, so maybe there is a bit of an issue. The thing that helped me was a simple reboot. Haven't tried doing the 20 minute bathroom break after that.

Back