[SOLVED] Looking to Create an Unusual Type of Mod | Need Help

Hey, everyone! I'm a bit new here, so please forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong place. I've looked over quite a few tutorials, and I'm having trouble figuring out where to begin with what I want to do. I'm looking to replace Kayne West's "Power" from the scripted event in "Party Time" with a different song, but I'm having trouble finding it in the game's files. That, and I'm uncertain whether there will be an issue with the other song's length messing up the timing of the event.

I would greatly appreciate any help with this, as it's something I've wanted to do for a while. I'm fairly familiar with most of the modding tools, and I'm not entirely new to the modding scene, but this one has me stumped.

You may have read this already, but I will link a tutorial here.
I have not played around with the audio files, but I think the game just uses the same file from the radio, and plays it in the mission. It would not make sense to have two copies of the same song within the game (I think).

I'm still looking through the radio sound files to try and locate the song. I had to download a program that allowed me to actually preview them, and they aren't clearly labeled, so it's a bit of a crapshoot as to which one is which, hehe. I'm mostly concerned about the fact that, in the mission, it switches to a different phase as soon as the song ends. I'm not sure if this is because it's just programmed to time the length of the song - in which case it should be easy enough to crop down another song to fit the length - or if it relies on some other sort of indicator to switch phases.

As soon as I actually locate the song, I'm going to try just switching in another in its place and see what happens. I'm just scared I'm going to horribly break the coding somehow and cause it to go haywire in a way I'm unable to fix. Do you know if that's even a plausible concern? I mean, I assume if I just put the correct file back where it goes, the game will return to its default state, but.. I'm very new to modding anything but texture files.

Okay, so.. sorry for the late reply, but I've been working on this for a while now. I've discovered that replacing the song on the radio does not replace the song in the mission. I have the song working just fine on the radio, and it sounds great, but Kayne's "Power" still gets used during "Party Time," so now my next mission is to try and find the correct audio file somewhere in the game's folders. If I do eventually figure this out, I'll be sure to post a tutorial to help others who might like to do the same. Wish me luck? ;)

Edit: I found it!! It's very well-hidden, and I thank luck and purely luck for coming across it, but if anyone else would like to change the song, here's the location it's found under:
sounds.vpp > misc_sfx_media.bnk_pc > misc_sfx_media_00001.wav

I'll try and put together a guide for it once I've tested it out and found it to work 100% for certain. Thanks for your support, MLVNRT!

Last edited:
Back