So all along the Boss, i.e. us, the Players, are only playing second fiddle to Gat

Proof:

SR3: The entire damn thing is started because the Syndicate kills Gat, or makes us believe they kill Gat. And because Shaundi keeps complaining about him.

SR4: Everyone, from Asha to Kinzie to Jane Austen, says Johnny is more dangerous than us.

GOOH: It's Gat, not us, who gets to turn back time and restore Earth.

Outstanding, writers.

Real outstanding.

Johnny Gat RULZ!!!!

Johnny Gat is my favorite character, if nothing else, because of the continuity he provides. He's the only Saints Row character that been in ALL the Saints Row games and voiced by the same actor, Daniel Dae Kim.

He has earned his status!

So don't go dissing Johnny or he may come knocking at your door! :eek:

Last edited:
Johnny Gat RULZ!!!!

Johnny Gat is my favorite character, if nothing else, because of the continuity he provides. He's the only Saints Row character that been in ALL the Saints Row games and voiced by the same actor, Daniel Dae Kim.

He has earned his status!

So don't go dissing Johnny or he may come knocking at your door! :eek:
I can't tell if this is sarcastic or not. :p

"Because the continuity he provides"

You mean that time when he shows back up in SR4 even though the whole time in SR3 everyone, from Loren to the Boss to Pierce to even bitch!Shaundi, says Gat's dead, dead, dead, and dead?

Right.

Continuity.

That's more important than proper storytelling.

"He has earned his status."

You talking about that Johnny Gat who led the Saints kill Philippe Loren, destroy the Syndicate, kick out STAG, take over Steelport, kill Cyrus Temple, save 'Murica from a nuke, and became the President of the United fucking States?

You talking about that Johnny Gat who fucking freed Johnny Gat from Johnny Gat's personal side-scroller nightmare?

Earned his status.

Right.

I can't tell if this is sarcastic or not. :p
Mission accomplished. :D
"Because the continuity he provides"

You mean that time when he shows back up in SR4 even though the whole time in SR3 everyone, from Loren to the Boss to Pierce to even bitch!Shaundi, says Gat's dead, dead, dead, and dead?

Right.

Continuity.

That's more important than proper storytelling.

"He has earned his status."

You talking about that Johnny Gat who led the Saints kill Philippe Loren, destroy the Syndicate, kick out STAG, take over Steelport, kill Cyrus Temple, save 'Murica from a nuke, and became the President of the United fucking States?

You talking about that Johnny Gat who fucking freed Johnny Gat from Johnny Gat's personal side-scroller nightmare?

Earned his status.

Right.
Okay, so SR3 and SR4 have a few minor issues, but I'm mainly talking about SR1, SR2, and SRGOOH. He was iconic in those games! :cool:

Last edited:
This is one of those moments I'm supposed to say something like... "I respect the passion of our fans" instead of something terrible snarky like questioning their sanity, right?

Iconic in those games.

Right.

Because in SR1, the Saints consist of Johnny Gat, Johnny Gat, and Johnny Gat alone, right? Because the Playa is rescued on that street corner by Johnny Gat and Johnny Gat. Because the Playa is tipped off by Johnny Gat who went undercover as a Johnny Gat member. Because the Playa teams up with Johnny Gat to destroy Johnny Gat's drug operations. Because the Playa meets up with Johnny Gat on Johnny Gat's boat before Johnny Gat's boat blows up, killing Johnny Gat and sending Johnny Gat into a coma.

And from there we go to SR2, where Johnny Gat wakes up from a coma and meets Johnny Gat who gets Johnny Gat shanked to break Johnny Gat out of prison. Once free, Johnny Gat then sees Johnny Gat on television and helps Johnny Gat break out the court. Johnny Gat then recruits Johnny Gat, Johnny Gat, and Johnny Gat as lieutenants, assigning each one of them to one of the Johnny Gat crews that control the city of Johnny Gat. We then have Johnny Gat rescue Johnny Gat from a strung-out Johnny Gat, mercy-kill Johnny Gat after he gets dragged down the road by Johnny Gat, and take out the Johnny Gat who kills Johnny Gat's girlfriend and rescue Johnny Gat from the hospital when Johnny Gats are coming. Finally, we have Johnny Gat drive across Johnny Gat city to chase Johnny Gat, jump off a helicopter to get into penthouse headquarters of Johnny Gat, and shoots Johnny Gat in the mouth, sending Johnny Gat down to fifty stories down to the ground, right?

Oh, before we forget, there is also that secret mission where, after Johnny Gat clears out a whole army of Johnny Gat, he executes Johnny Gat for rigging his boat to explode in SR1, ignoring Johnny Gat's claim that Johnny Gat has turned into Johnny Gat that wore purple.

You got to be talking about those games.

And you can say anything you like, Idolninja.

You can say anything you like about my posts;

about Yahtzee's comments on Johnny Gat's character which you can view, starting at 2:10, at your pleasure here:
;

or about whatever you want.

It is no skin off my nose.

This is one of those moments I'm supposed to say something like... "I respect the passion of our fans" instead of something terrible snarky like questioning their sanity, right?
I'd go with "questioning their sanity". Although not as "politically correct", I think there are cases where it's the obvious choice. I know I question my own sanity on a daily basis. :D

EDIT: Besides, as Donald Trump has proven, political correctness is no longer the most popular option. ;)

Gat is a victim of the outrage people displayed when he was killed in SR3. It's why his return in SR4 wasn't a surprise but a marketing campaign.

Blame them.

Back