Snow weather?

Admixon

I would like to know is it possible to make snowing (as a mod) in Steelport?
bfcwS3A.jpg
(It's not fake. I started HTSSC first mission a moved camera to Steelport using freecam command from Sandbox+. It doesn't work when I teleport to city)

It is the snowing animation of the DLC How the saints save christmas but it is still a good idea to make a Snowing enviorment in the game with ice and that kind of things.

I found a way how to make snowing in Steelport:
VZhjBhV.jpg

I know but one guy made a mod called Dark Rain gives you a rain. It would be great to have something like this mod but with snow :]
Indeed and it would be awesome if you can make snowballs with the snow or just stay there if there is any snowfalling in-game

I'm not gonna create new thread for this but thanks to Fan of Saints I have a very interesting command that should help but it doesn't work for me.
Code:
effect_play_attached_to_camera(Dlc2_m03_vfx.snow, looping, attach_orient, sync)
I tried to add this as [press 2 buttons] function or as sr3_city_main() function and nothing.
We have December. Christmas is coming. We have Winter City Textures. We don't have snowy weather :(

I'm not gonna create new thread for this but thanks to Fan of Saints I have a very interesting command that should help but it doesn't work for me.
Code:
effect_play_attached_to_camera(Dlc2_m03_vfx.snow, looping, attach_orient, sync)
I tried to add this as [press 2 buttons] function or as sr3_city_main() function and nothing.
We have December. Christmas is coming. We have Winter City Textures. We don't have snowy weather :(
The reason this doesn't work is because it requires a zone file to be loaded from the DLC to trigger the snow effect. The "effect_play_attached_to_camera()" function does nothing if that zone file isn't loaded, and it's only loaded when you're in that mission. I've been trying to determine if I can copy that navpoint object from the DLC zone file into one of the always loaded zone files so that it's always available. It will require my zone file tools to do it. But I've actually been working on trying to make it snow for the last few days!

Here's the entry in the "sr3_city~fdlc2_m03`.czn_pc" file that triggers the snow effect:
Code:
<object index="321">
  <!-- navpoint -->
  <name>vfx_snow</name>
  <handle>0x04E583DB0524CD51</handle>
  <parent_handle>0x0000000000000000</parent_handle>
  <object_type_hash>0x445C1F3D</object_type_hash>
  <padding>0</padding>
  <properties>
    <property index="1">
      <!-- compressed transform -->
      <type>2</type>
      <name_crc>0xC8BEEEC5</name_crc>
      <value>
        <position>
          <x>-114.047744750977</x>
          <y>25.0284671783447</y>
          <z>-1010.06127929688</z>
        </position>
      </value>
    </property>
    <property index="2">
      <!-- string -->
      <type>0</type>
      <name_crc>0x355EF946</name_crc>
      <value>
        <string>vfx_snow</string>
      </value>
      <padding>
        <rawdata format="hex">A1 A1 C3</rawdata>
      </padding>
    </property>
    <property index="3">
      <!-- string -->
      <type>0</type>
      <name_crc>0xB7A1B604</name_crc>
      <value>
        <string>floating</string>
      </value>
      <padding>
        <rawdata format="hex">6D 5F 63</rawdata>
      </padding>
    </property>
    <property index="4">
      <!-- string -->
      <type>0</type>
      <name_crc>0x5BD211D6</name_crc>
      <value>
        <string>vfx_m3_blowingsnow</string>
      </value>
      <padding>
        <rawdata format="hex">64</rawdata>
      </padding>
    </property>
  </properties>
</object>
The actual correct parameters for the Lua function would be:
Code:
effect_play_attached_to_camera("vfx_snow", true, false, sync_from_player(LOCAL_PLAYER))
P.S. I don't want to get your hopes up too much because nobody has ever successfully added an object to a zone file before. But I will try.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but I didn't use your tools before. Can you guide me what should I do with your entry?
I've been working on it all evening. I've successfully added this navpoint to the "sr3_city~fawld.czn_pc" zone file (in "awld_compact.str2_pc"), but it's still not snowing, so I'm not sure this is the correct zone file to add it to. I believe this zone file is the "Fast Always Loaded" zone file for the city, but I'm not completely sure.
Is the <handle> the area to make the effect?
No. The handle is just a unique identifier for the navpoint, assigned by Volition. This particular effect is attached to the camera (it follows the player around like a little snow cloud over the player's head), so I don't think the position information is even used.

Back