Skip Mission Toggle

Any chance of a modded cheat that would allow someone to skip a mission? A few of the missions are randomly causing me to crash, and if there was a way to just complete either a mission, or an entire quest branch, it would be helpful.

I know it kinda takes away from the story, but, I'm honestly just playing the game to unlock everything and go on rampages..

Isjon, what missions are causing you to crash?
Are you running the fully-legal Steam version of SRIV?

It's actually quite a few missions, but it isn't a consistent thing.
For instance, on the first branch of Kinzie's loyalty quest-line, I kept crashing when I was hacking the Rusty Needle in New Baranec.
Right now, I keep crashing while trying to finish up CID's loyalty quests, whenever MOM is involved.

The crashes eventually resolve themselves, if I reload and retry it, but sometimes it can take up to 3-4 restarts.

And yes, fully-legal Steam version of SRIV.

Will do, thanks.

I personally think it has something to do with the... hard to explain what I mean, since I know exactly what I think but it's difficult to turn into words..

I think it has something to do with how the game handles a success/how my computer handles the game handling this success. It almost always crashes right after a "Success!" sort of thing, like when I finished hacking the Rusty Needle, it crashes right when the little "Objective Completed" dialog pops up. Same with finishing MOM, but that crashed during the Activity Ranking cutscene screeny thing. Meh, I'll report it if it looks like it might be able to help someone else.

Hopefully there is a way to just toggle a quick "objective fulfilled" type thing.

That may have something to do with it autosaving.

Do you notice the crashing when you go on a Cluster Bender? (gather a whole lot of clusters quickly)

Not particularly, no. The game kinda lags a bit because everything gets all blue-y and stuff, but I don't recall crashing after getting a lot of clusters.

I don't think it has to do with autosaving, since I have it disabled, as I like to go wild and rampage without having to worry about getting ahead of myself in terms of storyline stuff.

Hmm.. that shoots down my theory then.

I honestly think it comes down to my graphics card crashing for some reason whenever I'm in certain "success" situations, since my laptop fan seems to stop right as the task is being finished, and whenever my laptop fan stops, so does my enjoyable activity. :(

A skip mission toggle would just bypass that issue and allow me to save before things go boomboom, since it crashed doing a completely vanilla gameplay with autosave enabled, too.

What setting are you playing at? Low, medium? Custom set to lowest possible values?

Back