Skating Emote

F

F13

Skating Emote.
Replaces the blow a kiss compliment.
DOWNLOAD NOW

Instructions: Extract the .RAR with winRAR, and simply place the files in your MODDERS folder in GOTR, then rebuild your patch, and select the skateboard emote at Image As Designed. Now you can skate by pressing the compliment button.

SCREENSHOTS:

20221117021511_1.jpg

Look how happy the Boss looks

Attachments

• Skateboarding emote SR2 F13.rar
    11.2 KB · Views: 303
Yo, there's two very annoying glitches in this mod. You can only go forward with the skate for a limited distance and when the animation stops the sound effect of skating loops until you either reload or die.

Yo, there's two very annoying glitches in this mod. You can only go forward with the skate for a limited distance and when the animation stops the sound effect of skating loops until you either reload or die.
When a looped sound effect bugs and loops infinitely, it's annoying, but it can be stopped.
Here are all the methods of stopping it that I know of (in order of convenience):

1. Change the Player character model to any NPC via the cheats in the in-game phone (Gentlemen of the Row), then you can change back again.
2. Teleport to another district using Sandbox+, or Sandbox++. (nclok1405's SuperUI mod adds a list of Sandbox++ codes in the Info tab of the Pause menu.)
3. Enter any Mission, Activity, or Cutscene, including via the TV or Clipboard inside Player Cribs.
4. Kill the Player. (Respawn at Hospital)
5. Reload the save.​

If you're looking for a proper skateboard mod for Saints Row 2, all I'll say is: "Be patient..."

I get that as a temporary solution, but it's as if F13's mod solved a big annoyance of the original while at the same time ruining what made it great. In the OG mod you could skate for as much as you wanted in any direction and there was no sound glitch, but at the same time you couldn't ever run normally again and the only way you could vanilla walk was with a gun equipped. Now, is the mod creator/OP an anon account? If it is, he's likely not coming back to see our feedback. I'm no modder, but is it that difficult to fix his mod while keeping the advantage it brings (being able to restrict the skating animation to a gesture)? Because then it would be 100% awesome and flippy's wet dream would be realized.

I get that as a temporary solution, but it's as if F13's mod solved a big annoyance of the original while at the same time ruining what made it great. In the OG mod you could skate for as much as you wanted in any direction and there was no sound glitch, but at the same time you couldn't ever run normally again and the only way you could vanilla walk was with a gun equipped. Now, is the mod creator/OP an anon account? If it is, he's likely not coming back to see our feedback. I'm no modder, but is it that difficult to fix his mod while keeping the advantage it brings (being able to restrict the skating animation to a gesture)? Because then it would be 100% awesome and flippy's wet dream would be realized.
I'm not offering F13 feedback. It's just a simple fun little mod. It's clearly not meant to fully simulate skateboarding.
F13 wanted to leave and that's entirely his prerogative. It's not for us to discuss.

I merely offered some help for the issue you raised, which may also be helpful to others experiencing the same issue.
I understand the issues you're raising explicitly and why they occur:

The skateboarding animation in GotR is a Running (State) animation.
F13's mod makes the same animation a Compliment/Taunt (Action).

"States" allow movement controls. "Actions" do not.

When a looping Foley is used with an animation as an "Action" (which is single use and does not loop), the Foley will loop infinitely.​

Mods like this aren't designed to be permanently installed. Just install it, have fun with it, then uninstall it when you're done.

Now, I don't care about flippy's wet dreams, but like I said:
~SeaboundSaint~ said:
If you're looking for a proper skateboard mod for Saints Row 2, all I'll say is: "Be patient..."

Back