Site suggestions, etc.

Can I suggest a place to suggest stuff?

And if/when that place is created, I'd like to suggest a thing to add to mods released/in-progress.

While posting a .zip with all the archive files that contain the single (or multiple) modified files in it, maybe say which files in the archive have been modified, and if possible, in what way.

This is an issue for me because there's 3 mods that both have their own modified version of vint_doc_containers.asm_pc, and until I know what files inside that .asm_pc have been changed (and if any of the 3 modify the same file: how they've been changed), I have to pick and choose between having:
1. Delete Reward Vehicles + Customize All Vehicles
2. Wardrobe Color Change Mod
3. Clip Editor

You're making things much more difficult on yourself then you have to. You don't even need to know which archive an asm comes from at all.

You simply have to create a working folder that contains:
* gibbed's tools
* Corrodias' fixed update asm tool (*IF you are updating mission str2_pc files)
* all the str2_pc files from your mods that use the same asm (all the str2_pc files from the 3 mods you mentioned above)
* the asm you want to update (in this case vint_doc_containers.asm_pc)

Create a text file and change the extension to .bat so you can run it. Call it whatever you like, for example: myupdateasm.bat

Edit your new bat file in notepad and add the following lines:
Code:
Gibbed.SaintsRow3.UpdateASM.exe vint_doc_containers.asm_pc .
pause

Save it and double click it to run it. Having the pause on the 2nd line will allow you to see that it completed successfully with no errors before closing the window yourself manually by pressing any key.

Running your bat file will update your asm file in your working folder to work correctly with all the str2_pc files located there from that particular vpp_pc that contained it (in this case vint_doc_containers.asm_pc from interface.vpp_pc.)

When finsihed, simply move the newly updated asm file to your SR3 install folder along with any other files from the mods and you are good to go.

I think that the web site looks and feels great already but it would be something more progressive if we could have a chat box for the online people to be able to join in the pool of conversation that easy.

Or if that would not be available for the current forum software, a simple shout box plugin might work in tis absence. Not quite sure what to make of it, as a whole though.

I think that the web site looks and feels great already but it would be something more progressive if we could have a chat box for the online people to be able to join in the pool of conversation that easy.

Or if that would not be available for the current forum software, a simple shout box plugin might work in tis absence. Not quite sure what to make of it, as a whole though.

That's the purpose of the Gentlemen of Steelport Steam group linked at the bottom which will take you right to Steam group chat.

Back