Simple Mod Manager (SR3/SR4/SRGOOH)

Here's a simple mod manager that can install and uninstall mods individually as long as they don't have files that need to be merged. It's a simple Windows batch file, so you don't need anything special to run it. And it should work with ALL versions of Saints Row (3/4/GOOH).

Please go to this thread in the Saints Row IV forum to read a full description and download this tool:
https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/simple-mod-manager-sr3-sr4-srgooh.9648/

I have tested this tool in Saints Row Gat Out of Hell, and it works identically to Saints Row IV.

Last edited:
UPDATED 2015-03-11 for Version 1.2

Here's how to use Simple Mod Manager (version 1.2) to manage some of the popular mods in this forum. I've tested these on my own system at it really does work, once you get it set up. I was able to easily install and uninstall all of these mods from the Simple Mods Manager menu:

goohmods.png

Please read the documentation for Simple Mod Manager first before attempting any of this.

Mod: V6 - Cheats + Phone + Store Menu
https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/v6-cheats-phone-store-menu-in-gat-out-of-hell.8939/
  1. Create a folder in "Managed Mods" named "Cheats + Phone + Store Menu".
  2. Download the mod package "Female Player Animation Replacer for SRGOOH V1.1.rar" from the link above, and copy all the files into that folder EXCEPT "readme.txt".

Mod: Female Player Animation Replacer
https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/female-player-animation-replacer-for-srgooh.9289/

Note: This section has changed for Version 1.2 of Simple Mod Manager. If you had previously set this up for Version 1.1, first move "plyf.xtbl" (if you used it) into a new "tables" folder. Then replace the two ".bat" files in the "scripts" folder with the ones supplied in the Simple Mod Manager package. If the mod is installed, delete the file "plyf.xtbl" from your Saints Row install folder, if it exists (there will be a copy in the "tables" folder). You're done.
  1. Create a folder in "Managed Mods" named "Female Player Animation Replacer".
  2. Download the mod package "Female Player Animation Replacer for SRGOOH V1.1.rar" from the link above, and copy the file "preload_anim.vpp_pc" and the appropriate "tables" folder (in "Extras", optional) into the new "Female Player Animation Replacer" folder.
  3. Copy the "scripts" folder supplied in the Simple Mod Manager (version 1.2) package into the "Female Player Animation Replacer" folder.
Mod: Saints Row IV clothing in Gat out of Hell
https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/saints-row-iv-clothing-in-gat-out-of-hell.9360/
  1. Create a folder in "Managed Mods" named "Saints Row IV clothing in Gat out of Hell".
  2. Download the mod package "SRIV_clothing_mod_alpha3.7z" from the link above, and copy all the files in the "mods" directory and the file "customization_items.xtbl" into that folder.
Notes:
  1. Keep in mind that the Simple Mod Manager installs mods by making a copy in the game's install folder. You will have 2 copies of each file when you install it. Since this is a very large mod, make sure you have enough hard disk space for both copies.
  2. The Simple Mod Manager installs all files in the root folder instead of the "mods" folder as recommended by Minimaul. This will work fine, but it will clutter up your root folder more. But since the Simple Mod Manager keeps track of all those files for you, it won't be a problem.
  3. This mod really slows down Simple Mod Manager whenever it tries to determine if the mod is installed (because it verifies every file), so you WILL see a delay when it tries to display this mod in the mod list. Just be patient.

FINAL FOLDER LAYOUT WITH ALL 3 MODS:

Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Saints Row Gat out of Hell\
   Managed Mods\
      SRSimpleModManager.bat
      Cheats + Phone + Store Menu\
         <all files>                      (all files EXCEPT "readme.txt")
      Female Player Animation Replacer\
         preload_anim.vpp_pc
         tables\                          (optional)
            plyf.xtbl
         scripts\                         (from Simple Mod Manager package)
            install2.bat
            remove2.bat
      Saints Row IV Clothing in Gat Out of Hell\
         customization_items.xtbl
         <mods files>                     (all files from "mods" folder)

INSTALLING:

Once you have all these mods configured in Simple Mod Manager, you'll need to install them into the game as follows:
  1. Run "SRSimpleModManager.bat".
  2. Select the menu item for "Cheats + Phone + Store Menu" to install (must be installed first).
  3. Run the game and set keys & buttons as described in the original post for that package. Verify that it works.
  4. Exit the game.
  5. Run "SRSimpleModManager.bat".
  6. Select the menu item for "Female Player Animation Replacer" to install.
  7. Select the menu item for "Saints Row IV Clothing in Gat Out of Hell" to install.

FAQ:

Q: Why aren't you using the "mods" folder like Minimaul said to?
A: First, Simple Mods Manager doesn't support sub-folders (except "tables"). Second, this allows Simple Mods Manager to detect conflicts with other mods.

Q: Why store files in the "Saints Row IV" install folder and then copy them to the appropriate sub-folders with a script?
A: This allows Simple Mods Manager to detect conflicts with other mods.

I want to hear your comments!

I want to hear from you. Let me know if you find Simple Mod Manager useful, useless, love it, hate it, or if you have any questions, problems or suggestions. I'm always looking for feedback. Thanks! :D

Last edited:
Back