Shooting midair/while in sprint.

So I looked at some older threads and this is a thing people said in the early days that "it'll most likely be modded in. Well looking around it hasn't. Is it just not possible to do this? It seems like a really simple thing, and i'd settle even for no animation difference from ground shooting if I could just shoot midair or during a sprint even if its janky looking. It's one of those things that would really make the game that much more enjoyable and dynamic to play. I feel being stuck with end lag after sprint/landing before firing just slows down gameplay more than I'd like.

So I wanted to ask, is it even possible? And if so, what would entail in making such a thing?

If we/someone can figure a way to import SRTT animations, this might be possible as SRTT has "some" animations similar to what you are asking for. The scope of such a modification, however, might be more than we/someone is interested in committing time to: first get the animations imported and working in SRIV from SRTT; second, adjusting camera for animations to fit a new view (from skydiving to jumping/flying, etc)...that's just two I can think of off the top without diving in to see what ALL needs adjusted. I think CREATING such animations (from scratch) is out of the question, there are no tools for animations available. Then there's getting the button presses involved...for shooting midair, roll landing, standing, aiming....the scope is just too big, I think.

It might be possible to adjust animation blend files, but that seems like a time consuming endeavor as well...adjust, test in game; rinse/repeat. Let alone finding the proper files to adjust, because it would be more than just one file for "move>jump>shoot>land>move" etc.

Be great if we/someone had the boldness and time to consider such a journey into modding animations, for sure. I just don't think anyone will...I know I won't have time to.

Back