Ship NPCs not appearing

As the title says, the NPCs that are on the ship and can be Homies just... don't show up in the game. The only non-Steam mods I install are Expanded Arsenal and Sandbox+ - TTDID Edition The only Steam mods I install are clothing mods such as Admixon's stuff and a few other good modders'.

I have no idea what is going on with my game, I just want to have some Murdertime Funtime with Gat but even calling him in as a homie results in no voice, no NPC, the game never even registers him (or any other homie NPC) as existing.

I downloaded the testing autosaves and tested throughout various points in the game, and no matter when in the game I loaded, all NPCs that should've been on the ship were just... gone. It shows the action buttons, as shown in the screenshots, but it never registers the NPCs' existences.

20190320031635_1.jpg
20190320031637_1.jpg

I have done the following tests:
  • Removed all workshop mods. Did not work.
  • Removed all mods including Expanded Arsenal and Sandbox+ TTDID. Did work.
  • Reinstalled just workshop mods. Did work.
  • Installed just Expanded Arsenal. Did work.
  • Installed just Sandbox+ TTDID. Did work.
  • Installed both Sandbox+ TTDID and Expanded Arsenal. Did not work.
  • Scratched my head while wondering why two seemingly compatible mods did not work together. Did nothing but give me an itchy scalp.
  • Reinstalled only Expanded Arsenal. Did work... for Matt, CID, and Kinzie. All other ship homies still missing.
  • Posted this thread in hopes of assistance. Efficacy yet to be determined.

I've been getting this same glitch, I've got Workshop mods (Admixons mostly, just clothing except for eyes and the summer environment one), outside of that I have Easier Activity Goals, a nude skin, and Easy unlocker 4.1, thing is the game also seems to crash when picking up or resuming a "talk to <insert homie here>" side mission that's invisible (I can complete it without grabbing the mission and talking to the non-existant homie), any help would be appreciated. Only a recent occurrence, since I've started playing again recently, a year or two ago I never had the issue, pretty much the same mods.

Edit: I've done the usual fixes: On same steam drive, verify integrity, test with/without mods. Only seems to work without mods, naturally, but I have had issues on a clean install too on occasion, seems like a Workshop patch issue, maybe?

I have mdmp files if required to pinpoint, though I know another chance of a patch is non existent.

Last edited:
Well, turns out it's the cause of most peoples problems: too many mods from the workshop....I thought the workshop version was meant to alleviate memory restricts and allow a metric ton of mods, so long as they didn't conflict?

Back