Scripted Events failing

Some scripted events seem to fail the first time through. Sometimes, after reloading the checkpoint several times, it'll miraculously work. If not, it'll usually work after restarting the game. Looking back, I think these failed events happened after I'd been playing SRIV for at least an hour.

Some of the times it happened to me:

When you use the robot/power armor to rescue Matt. In the turret section, the ship will stop moving, just leaving me sitting there shooting at an empty hallway.

Right before getting into the statue to fight Paul, the helicopter will try to land, but instead just hover in the air above the landing spot.

At the start of Benjamin King's loyalty mission, the helicopter will just hover above the building and not move.

When I do a Carjack the Data diversion, nothing will happen when I get the vehicle to the target spot.

During Matt's loyalty mission, when Zinyak makes Nyteblade think Matt betrayed him, Nyteblade will just stand there (immune to damage) instead of turning hostile and attacking.

In the mission where your helicopter crashes into Genki's warehouse, when the helicopter starts going down, it'll just stop in one place in the air then start spinning, then crash to the ground, leaving me no way to get to the elevator on the rood.

I haven't reproduced this, but in that mission towards the end where shaundi picks you up in a helicopter, you are supposed to get in the copter. I didn't, and started super-powering away, and for whatever reason this made shaundi land the helicopter in the water and failed the mission. Was odd.

In Pierce's loyalty missions, when you are supposed to follow the truck from the power plant, I ended up just running after the truck and I still heard Pierces comments even though he was still back at the power plant.

I also got the Matt's mission unstuck by using the alien RPG on him.

Back