Saving characters to a file for personal storage.

Here is a way to save characters to your comp since the site goes down a lot. Thanks to Minimaul for already finding the character data. :p i just had to add a few extra byte for the sake of character voice/taunts.

What you need:
  • Hex workshop or any other decent hex editor
  • Save file (duh :p)
  • Basic know how on how to work the program
First you need to find your saints row save data. It can be found in you steam folder at Steam\userdata\28823572\55230\remote

Since you might have multiple saves, this will focus on the autosave.

Your autosave file will always be sr3save_00.sr3s_pc. The first thing we want to do is open this file in the hex editor. Simple enough :p

After getting the file open we need to use the "Go To" option. In hex workshop this is under the Edit drop down.
79497295.png

We are going to go to offest 900. Make sure it's set to hex and beginning of file.
25917456.png

Once our cursor is at 900 we are going to go back into the Edit drop down and select Select Block.
43622427.png

We are going to select a block with a size of 2264. Once again make sure it's set to hex and have the size of block section selected.
93375576.png

Once the block is selected we are going to select copy from the Edit drop down. Once copied select New from the File drop down and paste everything there. Save that file and name it whatever you want and store it somewhere where you wont forget it.

In order to restore a character, just open your character file, select all, copy, and paste it after you have done the select block step.

Thanks for the info.;)

Is there a specific Hex Workshop version you would recommend ?
Which version are you using above in your diagrams/images ?

Player character creation could take some time especialy if one is adjusting the facial structures ( eyes, cheekbones, mouth, etc. ).

I made my player character look like my wife.:D

It took about an hour working on the face ( it would have taken less time if the 3D model/mesh would stay still and stop turning it's head ).

Is there a way to suspend the animation movements in the IAD ( Image As Designed ) interface while working on the face ?

It would be good that after all that work, you could simply have an option like "Save Player Character" and then you could name it
like Gina-1 and then it would be saved in a Player Character Gallery or something.

Then you could choose one of the Player Characters you created.

First you need to find your saints row save data. It can be found in your steam folder at Steam\userdata\28823572\55230\remote

To maybe be overly pedantic: it's Steam\userdata\(the short version of your steam userID #)\55230\remote. At least, the number that appears there for me is the lowest four bytes of the number in my http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/ URL. (I guess if you had multiple steam profiles on your machine, you could have multiple directories in \userdata\.)

Hey!

I did it exactly as you explained it and then tried to apply it to a Saints Row 4 save file... but that just causes the game to crash. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hey!

I did it exactly as you explained it and then tried to apply it to a Saints Row 4 save file... but that just causes the game to crash. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Saints Row 3 and Saints Row 4 save files are different.
You'll have to wait until we get the editor for 4.

Back