Save Editor

SR3 got a save editor and it is rather good, so why won't SR2 get a save editor now?

...Don't tell me there are no necessary tools for it.

I personally just have no interest in making one for SR2. I don't particularly like running it on my computer. With a little refactoring to the SR3 editor, it might be anywhere from easy to difficult to add support for 2; i'm just not going to be the one to do it. If someone wants to fork on BitBucket and submit a pull request with support added in, i'll be happy to consider merging it in.

Corrodias, are you saying that you would work on a SR2 save editor if there was support, as in, another person to help you with the save editor and not just "donations" or so?

I'm saying i'm not interested in adding support for SR2. The program is open source, so someone else can add it if they want to, or make a new one based on it. If they add support and ask me to merge their changes into my version, i'll do it, as long as it isn't terrible or something.

I've seen some save editors for SR2...For the Xbox.

Damn, can't believe they made one for the Xbox but not for PC. We really need a lot more skilled SR2 modders.

I'd benefit from this mod also; I reinstalled SR2 on my computer, and even though my previous saves were cleared, the files to access them in the game remain. When I load them up, they'd crash the game.

Back