Sandbox+ doesn't work anymore

IdolNinja's Sandbox+ suddenly stopped working after the latest update - the game just doesn't react at all when I try to use Sandbox+ commands. I tried resetting keybinds but it didn't help. Then I uninstalled modding patch and all hotkeys started working again... :confused:

IdolNinja's Sandbox+ suddenly stopped working after the latest update - the game just doesn't react at all when I try to use Sandbox+ commands. I tried resetting keybinds but it didn't help. Then I uninstalled modding patch and all hotkeys started working again... :confused:
I'd like to figure this out if the modding patch is causing trouble. Anyone with the patch able to use sandbox+?

I'd like to figure this out if the modding patch is causing trouble. Anyone with the patch able to use sandbox+?
I just tried and at first it didn't work for me either. However, after unsubscribing all mods sandbox+ was functional again. I'm guessing the problem here is that one of my mods, namely the flamethrower guitar, includes a lua script, which somehow prevents the execution of the one from sandbox+.
Edit: I just checked and in both scripts a new thread called "keycombo_thread" is created. Since the mods installed via workshop are loaded in after the ones in the saints row IV root folder, sandbox+'s thread likely gets overwritten with mine. Now fixing this shouldn't be hard on my end, but maybe potential compatibility issues like this should be prevented by the program that loads the workshop items in the first place.

Last edited:
I just tried and at first it didn't work for me either. However, after unsubscribing all mods sandbox+ was functional again. I'm guessing the problem here is that one of my mods, namely the flamethrower guitar, includes a lua script, which somehow prevents the execution of the one from sandbox+.
Edit: I just checked and in both scripts a new thread called "keycombo_thread" is created. Since the mods installed via workshop are loaded in after the ones in the saints row IV root folder, sandbox+'s thread likely gets overwritten with mine. Now fixing this shouldn't be hard on my end, but maybe potential compatibility issues like this should be prevented by the program that loads the workshop items in the first place.
Once again, thank you very much. :)

I don't know of a good way to prevent global name collisions in different lua files. Maybe we should add a best practices that includes prefixes on the variable names or something. Glad to know what caused this though.

I don't know of a good way to prevent global name collisions in different lua files. Maybe we should add a best practices that includes prefixes on the variable names or something. Glad to know what caused this though.
I'd suggest we stick to something like: "flow754_guitar_keycombo_thread" - should prevent this in the future.

Back