saintsrow.com My Steelport character download tool

M

Minimaul

Hey all,

This tool allows you to download your characters from saintsrow.com into a format that you will soon be able to import onto Saints Row Mods.

It's easy to use:
  1. Go to saintsrow.com, and add all of your own characters to your queue.
  2. Make sure you're signed into Steam, and that you don't have a game running.
  3. Run 'run-me.cmd'.
  4. Copy the ZIP files that the tool creates somewhere safe. It creates one ZIP file for SR3 characters, and one for SR4.
If you have more characters than will fit in your queue, you can just repeat this process until you've done them all.

Let me know if you have any issues!

Edit: doesn't work any more, as the live servers are dead.

Attachments

• Saints Row Character Scraper.zip
    512.1 KB · Views: 6,619
Last edited by a moderator:
I keep getting a "failed to initialize the Steamworks API" error message on the "scraping SR3 profile and characters" part.

Ah, do you own SR3? I didn't think to check for that! If you do, make sure Steam is running.

Facing this problem...the run-me.cmd stops working every time after this:

"Please go to https://www.saintsrow.com/ and add your characters to your queue.
When you're done, press enter here.
Press any key to continue . . .

Scraping SR3 profile and characters...
Initialising Steam API...
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 55230
Steam_SetMinidumpSteamID: Caching Steam ID: 76561198301087580 [API loaded no]

Getting steam account details & auth ticket...

Getting Hydra profile...

Unhandled Exception: ThomasJepp.Http.HttpException: Http Status Code: 400 for url https://sr3.hydra.agoragames.com/7713307274052196224/profile/get_by_platform_account_id/340821852
at ThomasJepp.Http.HttpRequest.DoRequest()
at SaintsRowCharacterScraper.Program.GetHydraProfile()
at SaintsRowCharacterScraper.Program.Main(String[] args)

There was a problem while fetching characters.
Make sure you're signed into Steam!
If this happens again, please post on the thread on Saints Row Mods for help!"

I still can't get it to work and I have no clue what to try. I've run the command from a few different locations trying to get it to work and I still get the same error so just to be sure, where do the files need to be when I run the command? I'm logged into Steam with no games running, so that part is good. I own games 2-4, so that's all good. All of my characters are queued, and I've tried it with only a few queued, so it shouldn't be that.

Image2.png

How do i know if it worked correctly? I have 20 queued characters from SR3 and none from SR4, I ran it and it seemed to work. The results were 2 zip files with really long names, one for SR3 and one for SR4 even though none of the characters are for SR4. Each of those two zip files contains a single file called "profile.bin". Does this all sound correct or has something gone wrong for me?

How do i know if it worked correctly? I have 20 queued characters from SR3 and none from SR4, I ran it and it seemed to work. The results were 2 zip files with really long names, one for SR3 and one for SR4 even though none of the characters are for SR4. Each of those two zip files contains a single file called "profile.bin". Does this all sound correct or has something gone wrong for me?
If there was only a single file, it failed to pull any chararacters.

Are they *your* characters, or someone else's?

It's working for "My" characters in the queue, for someone else's characters, I have to download it from the game and upload it as mine, then add it to the queue, then I get it in the zip file with your tool.

Back