SaintsHUD (HUD and camera tweaks, hints disabled)

You need to update your asm yourself to use this mod.
I can't work anymore on this mod, but you can do whatever you want with it. If you wish to include it in your own mod, feel free with link to this page.

Hi, folks,
I was tired of the endless hints, tutorials and prompts in the game and so i've removed them all.
-all tutorial messages and hints disabled
-all prompts from stores disabled, except insufficient money warning
-you can use nitro and kneecappers together
-small weappon icon isn't displayed anymore on change of health, stamina or ammo, when running or using a power
-all weapons uses the same crosshair
-no dot in idle position
-centered third persion view in most camera modes(with optional camera_free.xtbl)

It seems like all things are working as intended. But i haven't played in all situations, like coop. But turrets and car weapons seems to work fine.

To do:
There are remaining prompts in the weapon upgrade menu.

Version info
-------------------------------------------------------
0.1: First version, tutorials disabled, better crosshairs, no dot, centered camera
0.2: Improved camera settings, small weappon icon isn't displayed anymore on change of health, stamina or ammo, when running or using a power
0.3: More improved camera settings, minor tweaks
SaintsHUD-TutorialDisabledOnly: like the name says
0.4 All prompts from shops and crib disabled, a farer cam setting included
0.5 A remaining prompt in tatto store disabled, fixed a minor bug in weapon store
0.6 Updated to last patch(Thank you very much, Fan of Saints)

Have fun
PixelMurder

Attachments

• dev-001.jpg
    dev-001.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 26,951
  • dev-002.jpg
    dev-002.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 24,133
  • dev-003.jpg
    dev-003.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 21,129
  • dev-004.jpg
    dev-004.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 20,717
  • dev-005.jpg
    dev-005.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 20,784
  • dev-006.jpg
    dev-006.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 22,412
  • camera-comparison.jpg
    camera-comparison.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 20,449
  • SaintsHUD.0.6.7z
    253.4 KB · Views: 4,603
  • SaintsHUD.0.6 - Updated ASMs.7z
    10.4 KB · Views: 3,364
Last edited:
Hello PixelMurder :)

Good stuff, I think. I don't use the camera_free... too close for me, especially when going into fine aim, the position just doesn't feel right for me... maybe I'm too used to the normal camera :/

Anyway, I dunno if this is a bug or something, but the crosshair seemed like it won't appear when for example, you were enpty handed and then you pull out the pistols, the crosshair won't appear until I zoomed in with the sniper scope...

But then to my own surprise the crosshair worked just fine after a few tries scrolling between the guns @.@
I thought it'd happen every time I get into the game, but I tried to exit to main menu and then continue the game, it still works fine.

So... all in all, no problem in the end I guess. I was just kinda confused about what happened to my game.

Tried going to Let's Pretend, and the HUD will vanish and the LP menu won't load.
Deleted the files, and everything's fine...
Dunno though, maybe it's just me.
What a bummer... and I like the tutorial gone and the universal crosshair too :(

Last edited:
The goal was to hide the dot in idle position and to show crosshair, when aiming and zooming.
It's possible, that this doesn't work at the first time.
In my local version, i've added another thing, that the minimap is disabled, when zooming. This will be included in the next version.

I've entered Let's pretend and Friendly fire at this moment without any problem, bought some ammo and clothes, without and with gamepad.

Alright then, maybe it's just me...
Sorry, but maybe I'll try again if you ever launched an update or something :)
Thanks for taking your time to take a look into it, though.

Oh, and you might want to edit that into your last post next time... I think we're not supposed to post 2 consecutive messages here :/

Awesome! Gonna test it soon.
Do we need the vint_doc_containers.asm_pc? There is already a file like that from Minimauls weapon fix mod.

Last edited:
Both mods won't work, if you don't use the rigth asm_pc.
If you wish to use both mods, you have to reregister both mods in the asm. If the weapon mod uses the same str2_pc-files , it will be more complicated.

Currently working on this things:
-minimap is now invisible, when zoomed
-the small weapon menu isn't set visible anymore on change of health or ammo

Maybe, i have to make versions now. In my opinion, only no HUD is a good HUD. I don't need a healthbar, if the screen has visible effects. If a gun is empty, the gun is empty and i have to reload. When i can't run anymore, i can't run, so what. I know, what weapon and power i'm using, i don't need icons for this.
But not anybody is a purist like me. I mean, nobody likes the dumb and repetitive tutorials all two minutes and i won't make a version with tutorials enabled. But minimap and weapon icons are another thing. What do you mean?

New version 0.2 available...
Improved camera, small weappon icon isn't displayed anymore on change of health, stamina or ammo, when running or using a power

Do i need to keep all the files together still? I don't mind the other stuff too much and only really want to disable tutorials, is this possible or could you upload just a file to disable them?

May seem like a dumb question but i really have no clue when it comes to this.

Only the cam is optional, all other content is bundled.

But i can make a file with tutorial disabled only. This will coming soon.

Have tried to implement variants with minimap disabled, with settings for walking, running and driving. But this game doesn't work good without map and it's difficult to track the player state without any doubt. If you're good in finding ways and you don't like minimap, you will have a version with minimap disabled. But i will try to position the map more to the left for the others.
I have found a file named user_interface.xtbl with element positions. But it seems to do nothing.

Back