Saints Row The Third Crashing All The Time

Hi Guys I recently started playing steam again and when I start saints row the third it starts up fine. and I can play for about 30 minutes or even longer. but after playing for a certain time my game crashes. with this same error all the time"

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: SaintsRowTheThird_DX11.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.1
Application Timestamp: 4fbfd589
Fault Module Name: SaintsRowTheThird_DX11.exe
Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.1
Fault Module Timestamp: 4fbfd589
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00a7cb7b
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 3081
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409
If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

And its the steam version of Saints Row The Third My Profile name is XtremeChicken

Ive tried verifying the game cache but it says all the files have been validated. but while it validates it re downloads the Saints Row The Third Exes. which is weird. ive tried updating my direct x. ive tried updating my graphics driver software. but it still crashes.

I even contacted Steam support but they haven't replied back yet.

Ive also tried playing with the Direct X 11 version exe. and the direct x 9 version exe but they both crash

And ive also reinstalled steam but that didn't make a difference

My Specs Are

Windows 7 64Bit Ultimate
Gigabyte Z77-d3h motherboard
Intel Core i5 3570k 3.40Ghz not OC
Gigabyte 660 Ti not OC
Power Supply 700 Watt
Ram 20Gigs 2 8gigs & 2 2 gigs

Any help will be appreciated thanks

The redownloading exe thing is normal and happens to everyone. That's just how the CEG (Custom Executable Generation) DRM for SRTT works.

As far as the reason why? No idea. You can safely cross that off the list of possible suspects though.

I have/had that bug as well. I never checked the Event Viewer before on it, but I just did and it's basically the same crash log as yours, for what that's worth. It seems like some kind of memory issue to me, but Hell if I know. Either way, it may have been on of those things that just *poof* fixes itself as a side effect of something else minor I did, but, I do think saving every now and then helps me. Not just autosaving, but make an actual save every 20 minutes or so. It can be an overwrite of an old file or a new save. Since I started doing that, I haven't had any crashes... well, other than when I'm modding and do something stupid :) Hope this fixes your problem also.

Hmm. Does there tend to be any commonality between the moments that it crashes, such as, it's commonly before or after a certain event, or when you do a certain thing, or go to a certain place?

If you have any mods, try removing them (delete any xtbl, asm_pc, str2_pc, and lua file in the SR3 directory where the .exe is) and see if it still happens.

Ensure that you have your motherboard chipset drivers installed and that your video drivers are recent. It may also help to limit SR3 to running on 2 cores. Follow the pictures here, if you want to try that. (That's just from a quick Google search; i do not endorse the content of the page other than the first few images.)

This seems to be what I experienced too, crashing anywhere between fifteen to thirty minutes of playing. After looking for a solution I found a topic under a troubleshooting thread in the steam forums if I recall correctly, and someone mentioned that disabling the "Steam Overlay" for Saints Row The Third fixes the constant crashing. I used this fix myself and it worked like a charm, the game hasn't crashed since and I have poured in a lot of hours so far.

To apply this fix right click on Saints Row The Third under your steam games list, then click on "Properties", afterwards you should see the "Enable Steam Community In-Game" tick box, disable that and see if this works for you.

Thanks guys for replying. Omega1 i did what you said and its working thanks man. Corrodias it crashes at Random times and and at random places. so i couldn't pin point where it crashes the most. And Corrodias i limited my SR3 on 2 Cores and it fixed it as well. AxlRocks thanks for your advice on saving the game. ill do that more often. IdolNinja thanks for explaining how Steam re download's the Exe.

I Played with my friend today and it crashed again with the same message. I really thought it was fixed

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: SaintsRowTheThird_DX11.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.1
Application Timestamp: 4fbfd589
Fault Module Name: SaintsRowTheThird_DX11.exe
Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.1
Fault Module Timestamp: 4fbfd589
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00a7cb7b
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 3081
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409
If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

This seems to be what I experienced too, crashing anywhere between fifteen to thirty minutes of playing. After looking for a solution I found a topic under a troubleshooting thread in the steam forums if I recall correctly, and someone mentioned that disabling the "Steam Overlay" for Saints Row The Third fixes the constant crashing. I used this fix myself and it worked like a charm, the game hasn't crashed since and I have poured in a lot of hours so far.

To apply this fix right click on Saints Row The Third under your steam games list, then click on "Properties", afterwards you should see the "Enable Steam Community In-Game" tick box, disable that and see if this works for you.

I really want to know HOW TO DISABLE THE STEAM OVERLAY? there's only two files named steam_api.dll ,and Steamclient.dll, can anybody tell me how to deal with them? manually

Back